Center Console Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have tried a few different methods to get this cable to hold with no luck. Is there a good way of going about this? Thanks!

CA934491-9DBA-4610-BD92-F17278FAE887.jpeg

should be a screw that threads into the side, if it won't hold then the threads may be stripped

Ok. Yeah there is nothing for it to thread into. I can try and rig something up! Thanks!!

I have the bolt and the small plastic insert that will make yours work. You will just need a nut for the end and I can take a pic and show you what was on there originally. It's a nut that is closed on one end and you could probably get one at home depot or just use a regular nut. Because I had some plastic break off of the body mine I cannot use the original setup. Anyway, PM me your address and I will drop them in an envelope and send them to you if you want them.

Thanks!! Sent you a PM. A picture would be great as well. Sure appreciate it!

Ok, so what you need are the two pieces in my hand and the nut in pic 1. I will grab a nut from home depot that will work for mine and you can have the original . I am not exactly sure how it goes together as mine was pulled out with a big chunk of plastic stuck to it. You will probably be able to figure it out or just get a pic from another person with a good console.
fj60CC2.jpg

fj60CC1.jpg

Terrific!!! Thanks so much. This has been driving me nuts for some reason!

Adding to the repair method: do you have the console box removed from the cab? If so, then flipping it over allows you to finagle the nut up next to the hole / cable loop to secure it. A magnetized box-end wrench will help hold it in place until you get the threads started.

On my rigs, the console lid is limited by a solid metal bar on each side approx. 1/16" T. x 1/2" W. x 5" L. That may have been a later design change than what you have.
HTH

Nono didn’t even think to remove it but that makes sense to get to the other side! Thank you for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom