Center Console Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 96 LX450. I really like the center console on the Land Cruiser from 96 & 97. I have removed the blown subwoofer and the CD changer from my LX. Would a Center Console from a Land Cruiser bolt in and fit without any problems now? I would love to know before I buy one that can't be returned. I really like the storage and openings of the LC better.

I have a 96 LX450. I really like the center console on the Land Cruiser from 96 & 97. I have removed the blown subwoofer and the CD changer from my LX. Would a Center Console from a Land Cruiser bolt in and fit without any problems now? I would love to know before I buy one that can't be returned. I really like the storage and openings of the LC better.
Yes, they are a direct fit. Gray or oak, colors match. Make sure the lid comes with it.

I put in a LC console into my LX.
Completely compatible.

I swapped the top lid from the LX to the LC console. I have the best of both worlds. The extra space from the LC & the plush leather top pad from the LX.
9434C15C-0DE5-465E-84CE-7054042EE9A7.png

Those LX seats look great! The leather must be newer.... where did you get them?

That crappy subwoofer location is a good spot for a CB or HAM radio speaker.

Those LX seats look great! The leather must be newer.... where did you get them?
I had them redone by an upholstery shop in Long Beach, CA. I can’t recall the name off the top of my head at the moment.
they did the console leather to match.

I’m in the same boat, currently retooling my stereo, ditching the OEM head unit, amp, speakers etc. in my ‘97 LX450.

The useless “sub” in the console has to go, I’d like the 80 console with the storage, extra switch locations etc.

I know the later 80 Series 95-97 lower box is a bolt in, but does anyone know if the earlier ‘91-94 is the same? The lid is different, it’s lower, not padded like the 60 Series, but if the bottom part is the same and I can use my ‘97 LX top I’d do that. Just not sure. I’d wait for a later 80 Series lower console but I’m having a hard time finding one used in Canada. There seem to be lots available in the US but I can’t get down there to pick anything up right now with the Covid border hassles. I found one in the US and they are willing to ship, it’s out of a ‘94 in what they are calling Sable Brown… which I think is the same as the brown in the “oak” interior?

Anyone know if this will work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom