Center Console Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was over at the town fire/police/rescue house playing pool with my buddies while i was home on spring break and found an emergency equipment supplier catalogue on a table. you know It had light bars, sirens etc., i think it was galls. Anyway in there i found a bunch of center consoles made for Crown Vic cop cars some of which I thought would work really well in a cruiser. They have slots for radios/CBs, built in switch panels, and a lockable storage compartments, padded armrests, and cup holders...Now they're made for crown vics but I don't think it would be hard to fab up some brakets and its a great use of space having your CB and stuff mount right into it. That way you don't have to cut up or clutter the dash or anything.

Has anyone used anything like this before or got any pics of something similar?

I used a deluxe tuffy and then put one of these laptop desks
http://www.profilon.us/jottodesk.htm
bolted to the side of it. One problem I see with the one you show in the pic is that the Cruisers have at least one shifter in the way. CrownVics are automatic trans with column shifters, and allow the radios to mount so far forward. How are you adapting the one you posted about?

One problem I see with the one you show in the pic is that the Cruisers have at least one shifter in the way. CrownVics are automatic trans with column shifters, and allow the radios to mount so far forward.

I thought about that too. There are shorter ones available i think. Some are modular too so you and picka nd choose components.

How are you adapting the one you posted about?

I haven't yet. I was just wondering if any one else had thought about it or if there was anything else out there that incorporated the Radios and switches into the console. Some of these consoles cost less than the tuffy units aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom