Center Console / opening on back? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1999 Land Cruiser - What goes here in this opening (Black Rectangle)? There does not seem to be electrical connectors inside.

I can't find anything online. I called a dealer and they said 'nothing'... (jeez! I need an interior detail!)

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing until 2003! From 2003+ Toyota put audio controls for the second row there. This is supposed to have a blank plate covering the hole.

On the Land Cruiser it was a blank plate in that year. I have a 2000 that came with the blank plate as well, however I had Ben3DBuild make me a different plate.. I purchased this and installed it along with a switch to turn the outlets on/off. (USB and 110v - connected to an Inverter))

Ben3DBuildA.jpg

On the Land Cruiser it was a blank plate in that year. I have a 2000 that came with the blank plate as well, however I had Ben3DBuild make me a different plate.. I purchased this and installed it along with a switch to turn the outlets on/off. (USB and 110v - connected to an Inverter))

View attachment 3242179
Love it! Sounds like a plan!

View attachment 3242179

Where did you locate the inverter?

Where did you locate the inverter?
I was wondering that too. Maybe he just keeps it in the center console and runs just the power wiring to the switch.

I have two switches installed in this space. It controls my roof lights. I like to be able to get at the switch when sleeping in the rear and it's easy enough to flip it while driving if needed. I was able to run the cables under the console and it had a decent amount of space but I think it would be too tight for most inverters.

If equipped with no rear AC, the rear heater control goes there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom