Center console for resto. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here's the thing, my fj40 came with an fj60 (i think) center console, wich is in a mid to bad shape, my plan is to restore it but not to its original shape or colors, but to a new look, maybe more rough or maybe just something that looks good by itself and of course in the car, so i come to you since this is my first real project with the fj, i thought maybe you guys had some pics or pointers, maybe links to some other threads (i think i missed them.... or maybe there isnt one, i dont know) or if you guys have done a similar project share some pics of your ride.

oh, i forgot to mention, my budget is kind of tight so creative solutions are priority, by that i mean that probably i wont be able to find the "original toyota screw" or something like that, for instance...

IMG_0458.jpg

Im planning on changing the joints for the top of the console with new ones but generic ones, ill go shopping for something that looks good and fits and just goes along with the overall design but not necessary "TOYOTA".

anyway here are the pics!
Thanx in advance!!
Raul.

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

well...just to try n' spicy things a bit...

here's something i made foosing around :p

console.jpg

it would be nice adding some sort of cushion to the top of the console....i think i can do that.

cheers!

Get a Tuffy, you will be happy

So here's the thing, my fj40 came with an fj60 (i think) center console,

FYI my '91 FJ80 had one exactly like that.

manufacture year of my BJ40?

Hi everybody,
The documents of my BJ40 says ,as manufacturing date, 1989 and that's not possible.
I posted below the original frame number.
Does anybody can give me the real date of this landcruiser?
Thanks

matricula bj40.jpg

restauracion final.jpg
restauracion final.jpg
matricula bj40.jpg

B engine would put it around 79 in these markets... Production stopped here in 84.

FYI my '91 FJ80 had one exactly like that.

really? i thought this was an earlier model console, the 80 looks like so much comfort i cant picture this in it hehehe...

i think ive made up my mind, im gonna paint it some earth tone like the canvas, maybe beige or brown, try n' male it look like metal...haahaha if that doesnt come out well, ill just get a new used one and call it a day... thanx everyone!

Get a Tuffy, you will be happy

on a second thought this tuffy consoles are great! i knew i had seen them before but i think it was some australian manufacturer...anyway i was thinking in making my own....maybe with less gadgets / storage than the average tuffy you get googlin... after all i work at a design institute and i have industrial designers who can help me out with this project (not that good at welding actual workable stuff.....im good at welding scultures hehe) and i think its a nice and rather easy DIY project....so why not?

because the Vin looks identical to my Jdm vin tag.. US cruisers have other vin tags IIRC.. but You are right didnt notice the wiper motor location :)

was thinking this because its obvious the cruiser was imported with the wrong manufacturing date, so not a local cruiser you might think... have the same with mine, papers show sept 1982, manufactured in march 1981, typically wrong " guessing" @ customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom