Center Console Electronics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day to you all,
I have a question that i hope someone out there will have the answer to. I have very recently bought my self a Japanese import 100 series cruiser, its a 2003 model year, UZJ100. I bought this vehicle from a dealer who offered to change out the original center dash with an Android tablet, i opted for this as my Japanese is not so great, so needed the English to understand the what button does what.
The tablet that was installed for me does, the Aircon, the radio, bluetooth to my phone. What i cant seem to get it to do at the moment is the Sat Nav. I am supposed to connect this tablet to my WiFi at home to download google maps and the offline maps, but getting the tablet to connect to my WiFi at home seems to be a major drama. I have also noticed that this tablet is also very slow, struggles to do a couple tasks at the same time.
What i am looking to do, is to upgrade this tablet to a much better version or possibly an iPad, and i would like to know if any one knows what tablet i can use and if the apps are available to make sure i have all the functions, Aircon, Radio, Bluetooth, SatNav, as well as the onboard computer for the fuel consumption data. I have added a couple photos of the set up now, so you can see what the dash looks like at the moment. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7695.JPG

Well first you will need to figure out the brand of the unit. I would pop the unit out (not overly hard) and see what is branded on the control module inside the dash.
From there you should be able to find the information on that particular model.

If the "responsiveness" of the unit is on the slower side, it is likely because it is utilizing an older chipset and older Android operating system. Depending on the specs of the unit, that may or may not be upgradeable. For instance, you can look at JOYINGAuto as one of the companies that produces head units like this and see what I am talking about. There should be a settings app that you can go into and from there determine what chipset, OS and everything else about the system.

Well first you will need to figure out the brand of the unit. I would pop the unit out (not overly hard) and see what is branded on the control module inside the dash.
From there you should be able to find the information on that particular model.

If the "responsiveness" of the unit is on the slower side, it is likely because it is utilizing an older chipset and older Android operating system. Depending on the specs of the unit, that may or may not be upgradeable. For instance, you can look at JOYINGAuto as one of the companies that produces head units like this and see what I am talking about. There should be a settings app that you can go into and from there determine what chipset, OS and everything else about the system.
All very solid advice; however, can we discuss whatever that container is on the passenger side, and the mini disc player? I'm guessing the container on the passenger side might be for pokemons, but I could be wrong.

I am interested in the container too. You can never have too much storage in the front.

Good day to you all,
I have a question that i hope someone out there will have the answer to. I have very recently bought my self a Japanese import 100 series cruiser, its a 2003 model year, UZJ100. I bought this vehicle from a dealer who offered to change out the original center dash with an Android tablet, i opted for this as my Japanese is not so great, so needed the English to understand the what button does what.
The tablet that was installed for me does, the Aircon, the radio, bluetooth to my phone. What i cant seem to get it to do at the moment is the Sat Nav. I am supposed to connect this tablet to my WiFi at home to download google maps and the offline maps, but getting the tablet to connect to my WiFi at home seems to be a major drama. I have also noticed that this tablet is also very slow, struggles to do a couple tasks at the same time.
What i am looking to do, is to upgrade this tablet to a much better version or possibly an iPad, and i would like to know if any one knows what tablet i can use and if the apps are available to make sure i have all the functions, Aircon, Radio, Bluetooth, SatNav, as well as the onboard computer for the fuel consumption data. I have added a couple photos of the set up now, so you can see what the dash looks like at the moment. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

View attachment 2380282

View attachment 2380283
i know this is completely off topic, but can you find out the part number for that trash holder?

Love the shift lock button too.

As far as the tablet is concerned, you probably got one based off older tablet hardware. you can probably get a better/faster one, but generally they'll be slow and buggy.

As far as i know, integrating an iPad isn't going to work. The main issue being the loss of climate controls. Some guys here posted about an OEM retrofit with double din opening, and considering you're in Zimbabwe, you probably have access to most if not all the parts on the second hand market. at that point all you need is a good electrician, and any double din aftermarket radio you want.

considering the price of labor there, i'd go that route and retrofit a non navi panel and go from there. but that's just me.

Last edited:
DUUDE, first thing I said, I want that lock button, and that shift plate and lower cover is mint.

Thanks for all your help fellas. Gives me some stuff to do with it.
The "rubbish bin" in the front looks more to me like a holder for CDs for the CD shuttle. Well when you open it, it has an insert in it that is the same size as the CD shuttle in the CD player.
Cheers

I have been looking this morning and I can't find a 100 series clean box trash can. For anyone that has one, how well does it work?

Careful, you'll turn into a Pathfinder.
Isn't it just a zip thing for tissues?
Or a holder for your purse?

I have looked into this swap for my Cruiser and I saw so many posts about how the owner lost functionality of the HVAC controls that I decided to stay away from this “upgrade”. Apparently the manufacturer doesn’t really have it dialed in and the customer support is nonexistent. Good luck and keep us all posted.

I wonder if the headunit and area has been changed because this is the first one that I have seen with different colors.

I have attached a picture of my 2001 LX for comparison. The wood is the same for the stereo area and the gear shift area.

Lexus LX 470 Center Console pictures (5).jpg

Damn all these minty fresh pics make my interior look like s***.

I just throw my trash all over the floor, so that may explain it

I wonder if the headunit and area has been changed because this is the first one that I have seen with different colors.

I have attached a picture of my 2001 LX for comparison. The wood is the same for the stereo area and the gear shift area.

View attachment 2385282
Yes.. in 2003 things changes LOTS. you have the older style with the 4spd tranny and different console.

Honestly, the OPs looks something like this Seicane... which there is a thread on somewhere around here.
I recognize the unit, looks very familiar to me but don't see any names or anything else (identifying marks).

It does look like the Seicane head unit.

It also doesn't look like it has the "knock outs" where the hazard lights and 4-wheel drive button would normally go on both sides of the MD player. I am still thinking aftermarket headunit and aftermarket bezel.

This is the after market unit I am familiar with and it has been know to have lots of AC control issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom