Center Console Bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone:

First time poster here. I swear I did the best search I could before I made it.

Here's the deal: I've got a 2002 Series 100 with navigation. There are three buttons below the touch screen where the illumination backlight has burnt out. They work the rear defrost, rear fan, and side mirror defrost. See figure:
dash 3a.jpg

So, I took it all apart and found these items under each button position:
dash 2a.jpg

The bulbs that are burnt out are the green (and clear.....ripped off the covers accidentally) in the upper left corner of each button position. Here is a close up of the bulb itself that is the culprit:
dash 1a.jpg

My questions are these:

1. How the heck do I get these bulbs out? I can't tell if they are connected to the black base or not, so I don't know what to pull on.
2. Where do I get replacements? My Toyota dealer doesn't even have record of them in their parts drawings. (In fact they tell me the '02 100 series DIDN'T get factory nav and touchscreen.....which is obviously untrue because I have it.)
3. Any tricks or tips getting them back together?

I'm just anal enough to care about these bulbs. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
G.

On the 03-07 models, I believe the green bulbs do lift off with their “base”

I’d be gentle, just in case the earlier models are different.

Wow! These threads are great. Plenty of info to go on. I appreciate your response. Now just gotta find the time to rip it all apart again!

Thanks again!

Related question - does anyone know if any of the sunroof/HomeLink buttons on the ceiling of the truck are supposed to be backlit? I can never find the HomeLink buttons at night... thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom