1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell Phone Ear Piece Volume

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by hatfieldcb, Jul 28, 2005.

1. hatfieldcb

hatfieldcb

Does anyone else have a problem with their cell phone earpiece volume not being loud enough? I'm not talking driving down the highway in my 55 with the windows open. It's not loud enough for me in my 80 with the windows closed. Even with the volume set at it's highest on the phone, it's not enough for me. Now, if I jam the earpiece all the way in to my ear and hold it there it's acceptable. I just wish it was a little louder.

I've got Verizon service and like the coverage I get and I love the rate plan. I'm using an LG4500 phone, which I'm not too wild about. I don't remember having as much of an issue with the Nokia phone I used when I had AT&T Wireless (now Cingular) service. So maybe it's just the hardware. I'm using the standard earpiece that has the little rubber thingy that clips under your ear and it has a boom mike. The other earpiece Verizon offers for my phone is a harder plastic that fits around your ear and I find it uncomfortable. The volume with that one is supposed to be better but I don't think so.

Can you get an amplified earpiece somewhere? When I can upgrade my phone for cheap in another 6 months I'm going to try and find one with more output volume.

Any ideas?

2. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

My blue tooth head seat has a volume control...and it is wireless...:D

3. hatfieldcb

hatfieldcb

What provider? What hardware? My cell phone doesn't have blue tooth.

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

I can relate. My headset sucks. I had to get one with the aircard, but it is wholly inadequate, but is all they had that would work. I will keep looking, there has to be better choices out there. Plus this stupid set has to have the mic held directly over the mouth to be heard. I can't just let it drape down my shoulder/chest. I have to physically hold it up to my mouth the entire conversation .... tonite I did that while I was sitting in the 80 by the lake on a call ... for 53 minutes :mad: .

What I'd love is a GSM phone which is blue tooth, so I can use the SIM for the aircard and use a wireless headset like the one mentioned above!

TY

5. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Cingular....Motorolla V3 aka Razr and the foldable blue tooth headset. You can make calls (via voice activated dialing), receive calls, and just talk on it.

I have had my Razr since last December...and no I didn't pay $700 for it... :princess: works for Cingular. ;)

Chris, if you have specific questions you can pm me...