CDL works off and on help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was excited to head out to the Toyota Jamboree this weekend only to find out my CDL wasn’t activating. Drove home to work on it and then it started working fine. Went back to trails and it worked for a little bit then stopped again. Then drove home and it worked again.
I went to a buddies house and got underneath and wiggled wires while he tried to engage it with either the CDL or shifting into low. Didn’t work. Then started driving home and it worked!

Any suggestions?!

I recently replaced the actuator in mine. It was intermittently operational, particularly when the vehicle was cold. The new actuator solved the problem

sounds like a finicky switch. identify the correct one w/ the help of the FSM, and replace it. the usual suspect is inexpensive at your corner parts store.

Switch failure is rare, as is CDL relay failure. Underbody wiring, position switch issues and actuator failures are much more common.
It is possible that the transfer is actually locking but the signal is not being sent.

In my arguably-limited 33 year experience with this platform it has been my observation that the actuator is most likely the problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom