CDL won't unlock or lock when I need (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I was playing with my CDL and fr/rr DL. I couldn't get them to lock when I needed them to. Later in the day I tried CDL and viola. Buyt now I can't get out of the driveway because it won't unlock.

What am I doing wrong?

Most times it just needs excercise. If it's locked, drive forwards and backwards in your driveway a few times. Might take patience. When it unlocks, look for a dirt road and try locking it. Engage it and drive around until it locks. Then do the unlocking thing again. A few cycles of this will consume a fair amount of time but will also make the controls more responsive.

Kalawang

It won't hurt anything to drive for a little (actually a lot) while with it locked. Take medtro's advice, and go ahead and pull it out of the driveway as well if necessary.

Report back?

Curtis

Edit: Kalawang beat me to it; Good advice there.

Sometimes the lockers get "sticky" and don't lock/unlock like they should.. Exercise them a bit every once in a while.

Edit: X2 on Kalawang's.. Beat me to it! :flipoff2:

Listen to the experts my friend.. I followed their advice after my new baby "Failed" on my first ofroad adventure. Exercise will trim 30 lbs off me when I get to it but it will definetly help the diffs now. It took my about 2 hrs on a dirt road to get the diffs to acctuate correctly. Most of the soccer moms and lawyers in so. cal. have never engaged the diff locks. Thank God for the high desert.(Grew up behind the Orange curtain)

Hey Blair, I had the same problem when I first got that 80 but I just started enguaging the CDL every day and it got to where it worked purfect but I stopped doing that and let it set for a few weeks (or maybe a month or so) so now I guess it got sticky again. The fr and rr locks ALWAYS worked purfectly!!! CJF is right it won't hurt to drive it with the CDL on but DON'T drive it with the fr locker on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom