CDL Switch Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
That has to be the easiest LC mod possible. It took me all of 5 minutes including sitting back to admire my work...

I wish they all went that quickly.

Of course, that leaves the pin 7 mod for Saturday. I imagine that one will take a few more minutes.

Charlie

Yup, that is how I did it.

My wiring harness plug wasn't wrapped in foam though. It was just taped to the side of the main harness behind the other switches.

I placed mine in the upper leftmost switch hole above the heat/ac control box. I relocated the security sensor down below the heat/ac controller since it had the longest free wires.

Got the switch from Cdan in my last order.

Charlie

I ran my CDL switch over to the left of the column, as I liked the location on the other side. Of course, I had to extend the wires, but the switch over on the left side made more logical sense to me:) :beer:

Rob

BROKEROB1 said:
I ran my CDL switch over to the left of the column, as I liked the location on the other side. Of course, I had to extend the wires, but the switch over on the left side made more logical sense to me:) :beer:

Rob

I think that's a good idea. Keeps it out of the way of passengers looking for the sunroof button.

yes.. your avatar reminds me of my three who love to "drive"
In having this mod for about 1 year, I have not had a single time that the switch was accidentally depressed.

Rob

BROKEROB1 said:
yes.. your avatar reminds me of my three who love to "drive"
In having this mod for about 1 year, I have not had a single time that the switch was accidentally depressed.

Rob
besides it is grouped with the Diff lock dial which is a similar function. makes sense.

The Pin 7 mod was a little frustrating for me. Getting the plug un-done made me wish I was one of those mongolian contortionists.

Then I ended up breaking off the wire trying to figure out how the terminal-pick works with the terminal-locking-mechanism :doh: At that point, I gave up, taped the wire up so it couldn't short, and buttoned everything up.

Can't think of a reason I would ever want to un-do this mod, so I'm not losing any sleep. :)

I like the idea of moving the CDL switch to the left of the steering wheel... I'll add that to my (ever-growing) list of mods :beer:

Curious if you guys have suggestions on wire routing for extending the CDL to the left side?

alkaline747trio said:
Where are Slee's instructions on putting it in a '91-92?
You should already have a CDL installed in a 91/92...at least I think you should. Didn't these come standard in the FJ80?

IDK, looking at a 92 for the pops, since all the other deals seem to fall through and don't see any in the pictures, but none really show where it would be well, so I was just premeditating it. Are they standard on the 91 & 92?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom