Cdl relay box clicking when in the off position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, so my 99 100 has been having issues with he cdl. I noticed it would intermittently stard clicking at the relay box on the passenger side. Cdl will not actuate at all. Anyone ever have this particular issue.

There are a lot of threads on CDL issues, I'd search and dig through results.

Thanks Mars, yes i have gone though the threads. They mention the ghost clicking while in the off position not not much about why or the cause. What i have done so far is tested and replaced the left kick panel fuse, replaced all 3 cld position switches and the relay box. I tested the box per the Oem shop manual but still replaced it anyway. Also replaced the cdl switch in the dash. So the strange thing is, when i changed the original gears to Marlin gears and put everything back together it worked for a while, then it just stopped. Im beginning to suspect it may be the actuator itself may be seized from old grease.

There is a motor position switch inside the actuator that feeds ground back to the dash control box. It controls motor direction and if it’s dirty it may cause the relays to actuate sporadically. This switch is different than the external detector switch that controls the cluster light.

image.jpg

After what I thought was the same issue and spending a couple grand still had that noise coming from the same area. So took it down to the dealership to have a master yota tech take a look at it and the issue was never my cdl relay or anything to do with it but the auto ac control adjusting the ac system to keep the temp at what I set it at and the speed setting of the blowers turning on and off 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh wow. Wish we had a master guy by us. Now the box has stopped clicking and wont do squat. Ive swapped the relay box, transfer case switches, pulled, cleaned and tested the actuator, tested the fuse and replaced, replaced the cdl dash switch, replaced the computer behind ac controld the cdl switch pugs into and nothing. No dash lights, not clicking relay box, no cdl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom