cdl question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was feeling ambitious and wanted to get dirty last weekend so I serviced the front axle and replaced the trunion bearings.:) When I was doing the pinion seal I found some bad news:crybaby: . The pinion gear had way more movement than I like so see so here is my question. In order to minimize potential damage to the ring and pinion can I remove the front drive line and drive it with the center dif locked (I have installed a dif. Lock switch) in high range with out messing any thing up?
I realize that the front axle will still be spinning and the ring and pinion will be turning but wont be loaded.
I won’t have time to work on the front dif. until Saturday and need to drive it to work a couple days, about 45 miles each way at highway speeds. Thanks in advanced for the advice.

In order to minimize potential damage to the ring and pinion can I remove the front drive line and drive it with the center dif locked (I have installed a dif. Lock switch) in high range with out messing any thing up?

Yes, you can drive it that way withough messing anything up. If you don't want the front axle to turn, you can remove the drive plates. I haven't done that before so I'm not sure what you need to do to cover the hole but I'm sure someone has posted something in the past.

-B-

Thanks -B- I had thought about removing the cover plates, I have a set I removed from my T-100, I was going to see if they would fit and if they will ill turn the splines out at work in the morning. Thanks a ton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom