CDL Not Functioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
CDL Question:
1993 Landcruiser

The center differential lock is not functioning (both dash light and differential). Tested Transmission Relay box continuity per the manual and I am not receiving continuity between terminals 7-6 and between terminals 1-3 when voltage is applied to terminals 6-5. I took the board out of the case and saw there is a burn mark on the board.

When I apply voltage at the terminals, I can hear the relays click.

A ) Do I need to replace the transmission relay?
B ) Will replacing the relay fix my CDL issues? I checked the CDL switch on the dash and the continuity matches the repair manual.
Thanks in advance!

Transmission Relay Board_LI.jpg

Transmission Relay.jpg

What parts are on the flip side of those pins - in particular 3 & 4 ?

I'd test those parts to see they are still within spec for the part.

I'd test the relay is actually closing as well as you apply voltage to it.

@landtank : I followed the FSM as well as the methods on Pacific North Adventures to determine that the CDL is not working (chock the tires and test if the front still spins and drive in circles on gravel and see if the truck pushes with the CDL on)

@unclegit : I included a photo of the other side of the board.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 135528.jpg

The transmission relay did not click on my 1999 105 so I went hunting for an electrical problem between the relay and the battery..... but the entire time it was simply the plug on the CDL actuator wasn't pushed in properly.

I can't remember what voltage I was seeing at the dashboard switch but it was something like 5 volts.

Apparently (at least for my 105) the relay won't activate without 'seeing' the actuator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom