CDL engages, no light for rear locker - front engages normally. Question on getting rear working. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI, issue solved for me. Wiring failed at 2 different spots :

- Diff wiring :
View attachment 2250485

- Rear quarter panel wiring (wire was still in the plug, but not enough plugged) :

View attachment 2250486

Now rear diff works perfectly.

However still one bad news : combination meter bulb from front diff has just failed (front diff works, but no bulb on at contact or when front diff is on :censor: )

Awesome. Appreciate the insight. I will double check this wiring. Can you take a "wider view" shot of where the quarter panel wiring is?

It's here under your jack bottle mount ;)

1585402963450.png

Finally have an update on this (hate threads where things aren't resolved!)

So it turns out the issue is most likely the actuator as most predicted. And at 246k, it doesn't owe me anything.

94786199_877706396007600_87759650874720256_n.jpg

Completely inundated and frozen up. Motor was bench tested and was not working. It was stuck kinda halfway between lock and unlock which explains why the position sensor was not sending a signal to the dash light.

Thank the Toyota gods for Rockauto:

AISIN Rear Diff Lock Actuator (80 series / LX450)

Will hopefully fix the issue once and for all. Will be doing extended diff/locker motor breathers front/rear and then moving on.

That said, is it worth trying to rebuild/repair the old one if the motor itself is dead and there is corrosion and pitting around where the wit's end kit's seals would go?

Finally have an update on this (hate threads where things aren't resolved!)

It was stuck kinda halfway between lock and unlock which explains why the position sensor was not sending a signal to the dash light.

The fact that the dash light bulb was also just NOT there also explains that...

95191621_3001881866521640_4595794244295196672_n.jpg

That would do it 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom