CDL and Lockers Blowing Fuses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I just had my 80 into Cruiser Outfitters last week to have them install an OD in my transfer case and while they had it I wanted them to look at my center diff lock and factory e lockers cause they were not working. They got them working when it was on the lift but then when they test drove it it started blowing the fuse on them whenever they would turn on the CDL or the lockers. They didn't have enough time to diagnose the issue for me so now I am going to try and figure out what could be causing it. They went above and beyond my expectations on working on my rig and I just want to say they didn't cause this problem at all.

Is there a certain wiring harness that could be grounding out and causing the fuse to blow? I suck at reading wiring diagrams so any help on where to look and what to chase down would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you mean that the 30 amp DIFF fuse is popping.
The CDL ECU is located in the left kick panel and the F/R locker ECU is in the right kick panel. The CDL ECU would be the low hanging fruit.
Inspect the CDL wiring on the top of the transfer case.
I would disconnect the F/R locker ECU and try to subdivide the circuit.

Yes the 30 amp DIFF fuse is the on popping. Cruiser told me the wiring harness under the passenger seat might be a place to look at. Is that true before I go pull the seat out?

Yes the 30 amp DIFF fuse is the on popping. Cruiser told me the wiring harness under the passenger seat might be a place to look at. Is that true before I go pull the seat out?
AFAIK, there is nothing associated with the CDL under the seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom