CDL Actuator, Which Way is Locked? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
The transfer case is out of the vehicle. With the actuator removed, I can provide 12v and turn the motor one way, reverse polarity, and turn it back the other way. The manual states:

HINT:
At the time of reassembly, please refer to the following items.
1. Set the motor actuator in differential lock condition.
2. Reassembly is in the reverse order of disassembly.

I've verified the shift linkage is good to go and definitely locked. Which direction does this motor need to go to "lock" the actuator? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

@Tools R Us has some great insight in several threads and I found this post which does state it turns one way to lock and the other to unlock. But which way is lock or unlock?

Another resource I found is this video which states counter-clockwise is locked, but not sure:

Picture to show what I'm talking about.

Untitled-1.png

Last edited:
Is the front out-put shaft/housing on the the transfer case?
If it is, then when the output shaft is engaged so it rotates with the rear out-put the CDL is engaged.

If the front housing is off, then when the shift fork actuator rod is pull back into the T-case and the gear in the shift fork is engaged with the front output gear, then CDL is locked.
When its sticking further out and the shift gear is disengaged from the output gear splines, its disengaged.

Looking at the last pic, figure out which way the big gear needs to turn to pull the shift rod back into the T-case.

I hope that helps. that's as deep as I have dug into my T-case.

Last edited:
IMG_20230219_235740365~3.jpg

Looking from the top of the t-case, counterclockwise is locked. Clockwise is unlocked. Maybe this will help with your calculations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom