CDL Actuator - How Does It Work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
I'm currently driving with my front propshaft removed and the CDL switch selected to give me drive to the rear axle.

How does the CDL actuator actually operate? Is it powered both to the engage and disengage positions, or is it only powered one way and spring loaded to the default position (disengaged)?

When the switch is selected the actuator is powered to engage, but does it remain powered or does power drop off once it reaches the engaged position? i.e. the CDL would remain engaged, even with power removed, until it receives a new signal to disengage?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm concerned driving for extended periods might risk oveheating the circuit/actuator, resulting in power loss to the circuit, and disengagement/loss of drive.

It's powered out and back.
And its modal, as in the vehicle power can be cycled and it remains where last selected.

I'm currently driving with my front propshaft removed and the CDL switch selected to give me drive to the rear axle.

How does the CDL actuator actually operate? Is it powered both to the engage and disengage positions, or is it only powered one way and spring loaded to the default position (disengaged)?

When the switch is selected the actuator is powered to engage, but does it remain powered or does power drop off once it reaches the engaged position? i.e. the CDL would remain engaged, even with power removed, until it receives a new signal to disengage?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm concerned driving for extended periods might risk oveheating the circuit/actuator, resulting in power loss to the circuit, and disengagement/loss of drive.
there is no risk to actuator / circuit

motor has limit switches that cutout power once it reaches lock or unlocked position

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom