CD magazine stuck inside... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stupidly forgot to remove the CD and CD magazine from a stock 1997 LX450 multi-disc changer when I installed my new head unit.

I tried powering up the changer unit by applying 12v to where the wiring harness plug connects to the changer at the red and black wires. Nothing powered on.

Has anyone else done something similar and was able to get it to power up? I removed the plastic piece that covers where the harness plugs into. I'm hoping someone like @Engineer8000 might be able to help out here. I attached a picture of the PCB side of where the harness plugs into.

TIA!

20210724_195015.jpg

You will likely need to put power to B+ and ACC in order for it to eject for you. Is this your changer plug configuration?

changer plug.PNG

Attachments

• Radio (1).pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Is there a manual pin hole (like paperclip size) anywhere like some of the older CD players had?

Is there a manual pin hole (like paperclip size) anywhere like some of the older CD players had?
There is and that was the first thing I looked for, but there is nothing there. When I took the case cover off, I see that it's just a hole and I'm glad I didn't use something longer to stick in there because I would have damaged some components. Even if it had worked, I'd still have a CD stuck in the actual player that wouldn't eject with the other CD's that are in the magazine. :meh:

You will likely need to put power to B+ and ACC in order for it to eject for you. Is this your changer plug configuration?

View attachment 2740880
Sorry, for the late response. For some reason I wasn't notified that you replied. Yes, the connector looks like that one.

View attachment 2740880
I put 12v on those locations and got nothing. It was working before I pulled it. I think I remember reading somewhere that the changer looks for a 'signal " from the head unit(which isn't there anymore) Would that be the SGND on the schematic? 🤔

It's possible it needs a digital handshake from the head unit to begin working. I have to think they must have built in some type of release to get the cartridge out without power. I assume you have been poking around at the mechanism to see if you could get it loose? Can it be partially disassembled to get it out?

Do you have a part number for the changer? I can dig around to see if I can find any documentation on it.

Also do you hear any motors running when you push the eject button?

Do you have a part number for the changer? I can dig around to see if I can find any documentation on it.

Also do you hear any motors running when you push the eject button?
@Engineer8000 Nope... no sounds at all.. I do have a p/n. I was able to take off the bottom and lower covers(real easy) but I didn't want to start taking things apart to get the magazine out(that has cd's in it)plus there's still the fact that one CD is in the 'player' itself. I wish I had a spare LX450 to simply plug this changer into the other harness. :)

20210724_200154.jpg

Last edited:
Success!

For future reference, I put 12v on pins 1 & 6 and grounded 11 and I heard the changer power up and was able to get the CD magazine (with all the cd's) out.

The SGND terminal 11 is the shield ground for the audio signals. The digital signal ground is tied to the power ground that is on pin 2. If you look at the board both pin 2 and pin 11 are connected to the ground plane. I would be curious to see what that those B18 and I16 connections look like.

Anyway, happy to hear that you got your CDs out.

Was gonna say I can just send you a copy of my Milli Vanilli album so you could just let the unit go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom