CCOT tie rod kit.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I'm looking at rebuilding the front end to end my clunking.....anyone used or ordered this tie rod kit from Cool Cruisers of Texas (CCOT)?

How about the SOR tie rod kit?

Thanks,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

yulp just got that kit.. think it was on sale too..put it on about 400 miles ago...works and looks good so far...just make sure ya rub some grease over the bushings to make sure they dont dry rot...becuase i heard they dry rot but besides that they are good to go...
good luck
-al

I have used the CCOT kit 555 Brand, its OK....but the ends rusted FAST and the boots tore.

I prefer the Fuji Joint TRE's that Cruiserparts.net carries, I am sure other carry it as well.

I bought the whole deal, TRE, center arm, rag joint and pitman arm thingy. Very happy with it.

Oh, the stuff I used was on a 40 not a 60, but Fuji Joint makes the stuff for a 60/2

hmmm how fas is fast???? secondly would rattle canin black do the trick?

I bought and installed the 555 kit from CCOT, on sale. You know they always send you some "free" stuff with any order over $50, well I got the Texas Beauties Calendar...thank you very much and some tiny zipties...thank you very much and an extra package of booties for the tre's. Hmmm, well I just put on the ones they sent me and they rotted out in 6 months. Six months of GARAGED tome. So now I've pulled the tre's and reinstalled the "new" booties.
Called Stephen about it and he said he had heard of NO problems with the boots.
Both sets look to be live rubber, so I may be doing it again in six months.
I don't like BS any more than Martha Stewart's jury.
I'm using marine grade lithium grease, am I doing this to myself?
JMHO and experience. Most of my post was deleted, BTW.
Ed

a few months........

I think the 555 and Fugi Joint are priced close.

yeah I suppose you could rattle can em.......

CCOT I think now send an extra set of boots with the TRE's.........that tells me something ;)

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=12960;start=msg119689#msg119689 date=1079057224]
hmmm how fas is fast???? secondly would rattle canin black do the trick?

[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom