CCOT Steel Repro Gas Tanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why would you buy this from cool cruisers of taiwan when you could get a new, OEM tank from Cdan for $40 more? Everything I have ever bought from CCoT has been a compromise. Hell, I'll pay the $40 so you can get an OEM tank.

CCOT 219
OEM 335
I'm not sure were this CDAN is but but I can't find the OEM tank for less than the 335
I have bought soft parts from CCOT and have never been disappointed yet and I'm big on you get what you pay for .
For another 40 and it says Toyota I'm game, but 115 and just as good by people who acutally have experience with the tanks, then Toyotas parts dept is not going to rip me off.

Spectra premium has some www.spectrapremium.com, but you can't buy direct.

l_to16a.jpg

They installed mine free, since they used my truck for a test fit. They had to redo a few brake line in the whole process, my bj stayed there for a few days. That was long time ago.

Sorry i should i've check you CCOT link before, my tank is under the frame.

CCOT 219
OEM 335
I'm not sure were this CDAN is but but I can't find the OEM tank for less than the 335
I have bought soft parts from CCOT and have never been disappointed yet and I'm big on you get what you pay for .
For another 40 and it says Toyota I'm game, but 115 and just as good by people who acutally have experience with the tanks, then Toyotas parts dept is not going to rip me off.

per Cdan on a 2/8/06 PM to me from my request:
"The tank lists for $323.32 and your cost is $242.49. UPS ground to 35242 would be approximately 24 dollars. Dan."

Sounds like your stealer is charging you list, bubba. I am a happy and satisfied customer of Cdan and American Toyota. Buy from whomever you like, it's your prerogative. And if paying more makes you feel better...go for it.

Last edited:
Hi All:

I am a big believer in buying genuine Toyota parts, and CDan is a great, generous resource for us MUDers.

That said, I have to applaud CCOT for going to the trouble of building repro steel fuel tanks; just a few years ago they were selling the poly replacement tanks.

I bought one of these aftermarket poly fuel tanks for my FJ40 in 1998; at the time an OE steel tank was available for about $50-60 more; with all the trouble I've had with the poly tank over the years I feel a bit like a fool for buying the aftermarket tank instead of ponying up the extra $$s for the OE tank. :rolleyes:

Regards,

Alan

hijack on:

i am wondering...if somone has put a crappy sender in would that make the fuel gauge go to s***? i.e. ill fill my tank and then 100k later im reading 1/4-empty on my gauge....im asking because the gauge has never worked right and the PO 'fixed' my rig up to sell it (now know thats a BAD thing) would getting a new sender unit fix this problem?

hi jack off:

go with the toyota tank from cdan...havnt dealt with him myself but have heard many good things about him on the board

I've got the CCOT one, it's great. You don't have to, but since I'm anti-rust paranoid I deglossed the primer, rubbed it with Oleum, and painted it with some tractor enamel to prevent it from rusting like my original one did. It's served me well for 4 years, including the "cheap Tiawanese sender" and haven't had any problems. Good luck!

I guess you didn't notice that the CCOT replica is galvanized, huh?

Come on fellas.
I'm asking the people how have one what they think about it not just an opinion from a bunch of people how have never seen the tank and just don't like CCOT.
I know the stock Toyota is a good tank thats not in question.

I've got a CCOT one and it's fine, I scuffed it up and brushed on a heavy duty enamel. Last another 30 years or so!

Come on fellas.
I'm asking the people how have one what they think about it not just an opinion from a bunch of people how have never seen the tank and just don't like CCOT.
I know the stock Toyota is a good tank thats not in question.

It's called experience. We've all had good and bad luck with CCOT, but that's not the point. The oem stuff has proven over the years to be far superior to the aftermarket replacements, pretty much across the board. We've all bought some non oem part and regretted it later. This is what you're hearing. The CCOT tank hasn't stood up to the test of time, yet[/I

It very well may, especially if it's galvanized, but the percentages aren't in it's favor.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom