CCOT Steel Repro Gas Tanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone own one of these? I'm in the market for a new tank and will probably go with a new one from Toyota but figured I would ask for some input. The site says it's galvanized to prevent rust. On the other hand - I've heard ppl say that anything they've bought from CCOT has been a compromise. . . but if one of you guys had great success with it - I may be willing to give it a try:

http://coolfj40.stores.yahoo.net/gastafj2re1.html

I saw a new ccot metal tank at Rubithon. They had donated it to the Raffle. They were very generous to the raflle and are strong TLCA supporters by the way. The CCOT tank looked exactly like the tank I had just purchased for my 1975 FJ40 from Toyota. They are including a sending unit with the tank. Not sure if the sending unit is the OEM one or not. I had a non Toyota Sending unit and it did not read accuratley. Put in a OEM sending unit and it was fine. I would say buy the CCOT tank.

just my $.02

No price on CCOT. That would be the decider.

Why not just buy OEM? A brand new non-galvanized tank would last another 20-30 years.

VTFJ40 said:
No price on CCOT. That would be the decider.

Why not just buy OEM? A brand new non-galvanized tank would last another 20-30 years.

The CCOT price is around $200 and includes a fuel sender and gasket - although it's a cheapie non-oem sender. I believe the Toyota tanks can be had new for around $250 - this is probably the route I'll go.

Nomis said:
The CCOT price is around $200 and includes a fuel sender and gasket - although it's a cheapie non-oem sender. I believe the Toyota tanks can be had new for around $250 - this is probably the route I'll go.

$242.49 from C-Dan 2/06

i bought one the new steel reproduction tanks. Looks fine to me, much better than my original, but i have a 69. No flaws in the workmanship. Now i just have to figure out which are the outlet and inlet lines!

By the way I always see posts referring to C-Dan selling stuff. How do I order from him and what's his store called? CCOT is here in town but they are way expensive according to everyone on the board and here locally too. I need stuff soon!

I just bought one these last week and its every bit as good as OEM-which is more than twice the price. the sender is typical taiwanese quality but i think it will be just fine..besides it was free. i just installed it today and dont have any fuel in it yet...but it looks and fits like the OEM. the only thing i did was degrease the outside and rattle can spray it gloss black. i ll updat this in the next day or 2 and let uuu know how it leak checked....
barney

I've got the CCOT one, it's great. You don't have to, but since I'm anti-rust paranoid I deglossed the primer, rubbed it with Oleum, and painted it with some tractor enamel to prevent it from rusting like my original one did. It's served me well for 4 years, including the "cheap Tiawanese sender" and haven't had any problems. Good luck!

Nomis said:
I ended up ordering the OEM tank from Toyota. Thanks to Cdan for getting me the P/N: 77100-60042.
Yea, $40-something doesn't seem like that much of a difference when you compair Toy to CCoT junkstuff.

Wohoo! I just made "lifer".

dgangle said:
Yea, $40-something doesn't seem like that much of a difference when you compair Toy to CCoT junkstuff.

Wohoo! I just made "lifer".

Wait a sec. I came on in Feb. of 04 some 6 months before you and you've got some 700 posts on me - wtf? Time for me to start fluffing my post count. . . :flipoff2:

Nomis said:
Wait a sec. I came on in Feb. of 04 some 6 months before you and you've got some 700 posts on me - wtf? Time for me to start fluffing my post count. . . :flipoff2:
it's quantity, not quality....gotta post/reply a few everyday!

Just brought this back to the top because I'm was just about to buy a new tank and the CCOT Steel seems like a helva deal and from the people who actually have experiance with them I haven't heard one complaint
Anyboby else want to make any comments about the aftermarket steel tank?
Any problems on fit, quality, or finish?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom