CCOT (Standens) Leaf Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the middle of installing a 4" lift I bought from CCOT. Front is done but just noticed the rear springs have different part numbers and I don't know if one goes on the left or right. They both have 2 part numbers on them. I have :
(1) CC-40R (also has TO57D written on it) and
(1) CC-40RP (also has TO56D)

I'm assuming the "R" is for REAR but not sure what the "P" stands for. Of course everyone is gone for the weekend and a Google search reveals nothing. Any help is appreciated to get this project wrapped up.

Thank you - Chris

One spring has an extra plate on it. Something to do with body tilt...it's coming back to me.

If one has an extra leaf it should go on the driver's side to prevent driver lean but more than likely they have the same number of leaves and the P one should go on the passenger side.

...via IH8MUD app

I put a set of the CCOT springs (non lift) on some years ago. One of the rears had the extra leaf. Puzzled, I contacted them and was told to put the extra leaf on the drivers side.

What year is your FJ40? I just bought a 4in too for a 1984 and I have different part numbers?, is your rig leaning to the driver or passenger side?

Call CCOT??

i think the leaf pack that has a plate goes on the rear right because many of the fj40 leans to the left but I think that if your rig leans to the right put it on the left side

i think the leaf pack that has a plate goes on the rear right because many of the fj40 leans to the left but I think that if your rig leans to the right put it on the left side

I disagree here. In theory if there is an extra leaf it should go on the side that the truck leans to, not the opposite. In other words the extra leaf would stiffen the sagging side. If you added a leaf on the opposite side it would make the lean even worse. As was said in an earlier post...call CCOT and ask them. They should know what they sell. Unfortunately alot of what they sell is garbage. I wonder if they know that? Hehe!

I disagree here. In theory if there is an extra leaf it should go on the side that the truck leans to, not the opposite. In other words the extra leaf would stiffen the sagging side. If you added a leaf on the opposite side it would make the lean even worse. As was said in an earlier post...call CCOT and ask them. They should know what they sell. Unfortunately alot of what they sell is garbage. I wonder if they know that? Hehe!
It isn't an extra leaf, it is a block as myquestoyota just said. Sorry if I misexplained myself

The spacer block goes on the high side as stated above. Any shim on the top of the leaf pack, places the axle tube higher off the ground, and makes the spring go lower to the ground, hence pulling the frame down too and makes the lean worse. The shim on the non lean side makes that side of the truck come down and negates the lean. You are basically knocking a 1/4 to 1/2 inch off your ride height with it.

This argument goes out the window if you are sprung over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom