CCOT / SOR Replacement Fenders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

There seems to be a "sale" on FJ40 fenders from CCOT and SOR. These are repro fenders, steel. At the $100 price for each I think I may just get two and trash my OEM's with the Bondo. Anyone have any experience with either of these two vendors fenders ( sort of rhymes, doesn't it, like " What's your vector Victor?"). I guess there is a possibility that each vendor is actually selling the same product made by the same manufacturer, in which case total price become the distinguishing factor.

The only alternative is to try and find two repairable OEM fenders.

suggestions, comments, experience with these fenders, all is welcome.

Respectfully

Straylight.

My boss' Cruiser has the CCOT aftermarket fenders on it. He's had no problems with them. They seem to be good quality as far as I can tell. For $99 each, I may grab one also. My driver's fender has a nice big dent down low that will cost me around $120 to get it fixed and primed. My 2 pennies...

The "aftermarket" fenders sold anywhere are all made in taiwan. Certifit at one time sold these everyday for $90 each. Frankly, for wheeling trucks or non resto candidate they are fine. Right side fender sometimes needs some love to fit. They are not worth $150 ea so grab them on special.
OEM fenders are close to $200 mark each, but you can sit on them and I would say they are for better trucks- restos etc. They are still available for now, but in 12 months they may not be.

thanks all for input . What I'm gunna do is order up two of the Taiwan fenders from CCOT to see what they are like. In the mean time I'm gunna take off my OEM's ( at least i think they are OEM) and strip them down to see how bad they really are. I can see about a half a pound of Bondo on the inside of the driver side fender. This way I will at least have the new fenders if I decide to go that route or I can fix the old ones. In a worse case scenario someone will get a good price on the two CCOT's in 6 months from me.

Thanks again evereyone

Straylight

Sorry to resurect an old thread but this is pretty close to what I'm looking at. I need some replacement fenders, rust issues, from what i gather there are three vendors, CCOT SOR and Extreme Bends Inc. I haven't seen prices like the ones previously mentioned, in fact they are pretty similar to the Factory price.
I also need the driver's side floor pan, any advice on these items and options would be appreciated.
Oh and i am a newb so i guess i'll go :flipoff2: myself!

fenders

i just brought 2 for 300 dollars from sor ccot had the same price they need to be pre fit first but they are just fine

I went to toyota the other day and asked the parts guy to see if any toyota fenders were available. While he is probably not as good of a resource as CDan on this board, he said from his records, there were none in the US, in warehouses or dealer inventory.

I bought a set of Certi-fit fenders about 5-6 years ago for my 40, and they are rotting through at the marker lights. It has seen one or two winters, that is it.

I have to pick up a pair for a project I am doing, I am interested in seeing where this thread goes.

Certi-fit does not list them anymore,btw.

I need some replacement fenders, rust issues, from what i gather there are three vendors, CCOT SOR and Extreme Bends Inc. quote]

Check out IPOR Iron Pig Off Road : Toyota 4WD experts

They carry the full line of Heritage body panels, including fenders and floor pans. I don't know if they're from Taiwan but don't think so. Not cheap, but they're from a reputable vendor.

CCOT fenders have done nothing but cause me pain! (fitment issues)...besides they charge close to 100 bux for box~freight..... OEM are available just got a pair last week.......

I just checked the website....all I saw was $179 ea.....where are they hiding the $100 specials??

I used the SOR Taiwan type. Lots of tweaking and pulling to get them to match up. Specially against the aprons. I drilled a bunch of new holes and pulled them together with bolts. I prefer the heavy metal from the older factory fenders, and am collecting some for a swap in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom