CCOT screws up again

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by mep1811, Jun 30, 2005.

1. mep1811

mep1811

I know I am to blame for this situation as I tried to give CCOT a chance to prove that they are not as bad as people say on the lists.
    I placed an order this Monday morning and was told that all the items were in stock and I would receive my order by Friday. Today,Thursday , I call CCOT and ask the status of my order as I never received a e-mail with the shipping information. I mentioned that I suspected that they had not done anything with my order as I experienced the same problem a week or so prior when it took CCOT four days to ship out my order. I was placed on hold for quite some time and was then told that the order has not yet been shipped. So here I am once again waiting on parts. I asked why it took so long to get my order out. Manny said that the insulation I order had to be cut. I mentioned that why was I told that I would get my order on Friday if that was not possible? Manny was apologetic and of and offered to ship the order second day UPS. That does not work since that would deliver the order on Tuesday the same as UPS ground. I mentioned he could send it Saturday delivery but Manny said it cost too much. I also gave Manny another opportunity to make things right by mentioning he could ship the order using Lone Star overnight which is cheaper than UPS but Manny said that they do not use that service. I can only suppose that CCOT is not interesting in fixing their mistake and try to please a customer. (In contrast, I order something from SOR after I ordered from CCOT and I received the order today which means they sent the order out that Monday.) Manny assured me the next time I order, he would see that my order got out. I told him that there was very little chance of me ordering again.

Now I feel better getting this out but it is so frustrating to have a weekend of trying to get something accomplished and now to have to wait another week. To think in this day and age it would take over a week to get something especially form a company that is only 13 hours away.

Well, be warned if you must order from CCOT you need to check everyday to make sure your order is shipped. Had I called earlier maybe I could have pushed them to do it.

Mike El Paso. TLCA 8009

2. 2badfjs

2badfjs

you placed your order on monday...............
    called thursday,cause you had'nt recvd an e-mail confermation...........
    should'nt you have called back tuesday or at the latest wednesday?

sounds like he did try to make it right by offering to ship 2nd day.

shops only use certian shipping companies, and to recomend one they dont use.....
    it just doesnt work that way.
    it is a wayyyyyy bigger pain in the kester to get another shipper to pick up.

next time (if possable) plan ahead a little more.

you cant count on the shipping world all the time

sorry :frown:

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

I'd still be pissed too, not because they couldn't get the shipment done, but the fact that they said they could, but then didn't. Probably should have called sooner, but I probably wouldn't have either...I'd probably give them enough rope to hang themselves so-to-speak...why should the customer call (i.e. nag) to make sure a merchant does what they said they would do...

I agree that prior planning would have solved all of this, but I can definetly see why it would be frustrating.

4. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Just don't lie to me. That's rule number one when dealing with a mail order place. If you can't get it out, don't tell me you can. I can't condone lying to me about my order.

5. wngrog

wngrog SILVER Star

Dude, you have spammed every list in the community with this crap.

:rolleyes:

6. gulp3000

gulp3000

First rule of customer service: Under-promise and over-deliver.

The customers expectations are set by the vendor. If you will ship today, say tomorrow, if it will last 10 years, say 7, if you will have the project done in 5 days, say 8. It's hard to do, but the end result is customers who's expectations are almost always met or exceeded.

7. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    never had a problem with them.

communication is key.

8. dd113

dd113

Sounds like a simple screw up to me. WTF is so earth shaking that you gotta have it by Friday?

I bet I have ordered from CCOT 200+ times and not everytime was perfect but most were; why not cut them a little slack? Sounds like they tried to make it right but can you really expect them to deliver on Sat?

9. cruiserwanted

cruiserwanted

Who are these people :confused:. Of course some people have bad experiences with companies and companies have bad experiences with costumers that is why it is called business but overall I think people are rather pleased with CCOT. Keep making these general statements thought and coping and pasting this in the forums (Pirate, CCOT and Ih8mud). I would say CCOT attempted to make it right by offering second day UPS. How is ground same as second day? Brown is going to be rolling Sunday and the 4th from ground but not for second day :confused: I have heard of much worse experiences that people have had with vendors and if this is bad enough for you to post in all three forums than either you have been blessed with unreal customer service in the past or you have WAY too much time on your hands. I do not think this situation deserves this publicity....Makes someone other than the vendor look bad.

:flamingo:

10. atoyot

atoyot

I think the point he's trying to make is; He shouldn't have to call them back the next day to check on his order. After he orders and gives his money they should tell him when it "should be delivered". If that date changes or they get backed up on shipping supplies out they could give a phone call that takes...five minutes max or at least an e-mail.
    There isn't much compitition out there for CCOT maybe a handfull. I'm happy they exist period for that matter.

BTW I have never had a problem with them. And they usually throw a couple extra items in the box!
    Rock on!

11. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    I've ordered a bunch of crap from them over the years (be aware Tom) and never had issue, but I wouldn't waste money on one of their "restored" vehicles.

12. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    down with liberals...... :flipoff2: :D :D

I couldnt think of anything else to say....

13. RedGreen

RedGreen

How dare anyone say something derogatory about one of the members of the Cruiser community!! Everyone jump on the person who received the bad service because it's easier than admitting that our friend is giving bad service and might read this. I too have read several posts on the forum about the poor service from CCoT, JT Outfitters and even the beloved $OR, and have experienced it numerous times from all three of them with parts that don't work or things missing out of the order. Sure they throw in a cheap plastic license plate frame for some free advertising but they forgot the overhaul kit which I set aside this entire weekend to work with. And now I have to deal with shipping parts back and arguing with people on the phone at their convenience.

What's the difference between 2nd day air and ground when you're less than 2 days away from the shop? Ground would probably get there faster. And the difference between having it delivered on Friday and next Tuesday for us weekend warriors is a wasted weekend and another week before we can start our project. Why post this on three boards? Because it's probably the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. It sounds like this is not the first time CCoT has screwed up his order.

When was the last time any of you received better than average service from any of the Cruiser specialty shops and posted about it? Other than Cruiser Dan (by FAR the best Cruiser parts guy out there) I usually purchase from the least expensive shop and just expect poor service and late delivery. That way at least I'm not disappointed.

Okay. I've thrown my $0.02 out there. And fully expect to be attacked for my opinion, as I've seen so many times on this board. So go for it. But next time you put in an order, don't forget to leave a couple extra weeks for delivery and call daily to make sure someone over there is doing their job.

14. crushers

crushers post ho

the only thing that stopped me from buying from CCOT is they use UPS. UPS ground into Canada is terrible.
    i found that with CCOT i got what i paid for, if i ordered seconds i got seconds. i never had a concern with them.
    now i have good old Dan up in edmonton that sells the same products so if i need something then i go to him.
    CCOT, good bunch of peeps.
    just my experiences
    cheers

15. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:

I don't disagree with your opinion; however, I have witnessed people jumping into Land Cruiser ownership and having NO idea what they're getting into. You're not taking the Yukon to the dealership......

I do agree that this board has grown increasingly more agressive toward this kind of post. That's the way it goes.

Re-reading the initial post and you can sense the frustration, but that stuff happens.....ESPECIALLY with Cruisers. I think the one thing I'm most grateful for in owning a Cruiser is the patience I've grown....you need it.

I stand behind my post that I have never had a problem with them and have ordered from them several times.

That's all.

16. 2badfjs

2badfjs

this is retarted,hashing this over and over.....
    we dont know what ccot's situation was,
    maybe they ended up being short handed....
    someone called in sick.....
    i still think that if you were expecting an e-mail for confermation and did not recieve it when you were expecting it, yeah, you should have called earlier!

personaly, i deal with ALOT of body shops everyday,all day,all week.

you do lose track sometimes of whats going on with your orders...
    even after 20+ years of doing this,it does'nt always go the way you'd expect it to.
    i have customers calling me to find out when they'll get their orders.
    you promise a certian day,could be a day later.
    but they'll call.

if you think they are in the wrong,
    sounds like you've been through this with them before (ccot screws up again)
    then WHY would you buy and go thru this again?

not bashing on you, realy

but come on.....

17. LNDCRZR

LNDCRZR

I can see the frustration. I ordered some parts from CCOT very early in the week(tues morning) expecting to have the parts by friday (so the work could be completed on the weekend). I am only one state over so shipping should not be an issue. But my parts did not come in until following monday. I called to see what the delay was and they told me that the guys that put the orders together went home so they did not put my order together in time to have it by Friday.

Anyway just a little aggrivating but i will order from them again and plan to soon. :)

18. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

x2

I hear what you are saying Jim about the nature of the biz.

But I also hear what our original poster is saying about the frustration of being denied another weekend. If you don't work in the parts biz, sometimes all you get to wrench on your Cruiser is Sat and Sunday (depending on how patient your sig. other is)

Life is best taken with a grain of salt. Cruisers are fun, and sometimes they need a lot of work before you can have fun in them. When I took mine down to put springs on it, I didn't get it back up until last night. As best as I can figure, I parked it for the lift and the very end of January. That equal 5 months! I thought I was going to lose it by the time we got her running. I hate doing the same labor twice, so I fixed a bunch of other crap while I was in there - but I was ready to have her running!

I don't think I can blame a specific vendor - but logistics and supply chain snafus suck when they slow down my recreation!

19. freightdog

freightdog

I understand the frustration - I had the same thing happen last year when I bought a radiator - I just switched business to MAF - Garie Chavez is great to work with and my orders are always on time or they e-mail with an explanation. The radiator eventually arrived - after they ran over over the border to have it made - good quality/poor service/cheap prices = CCOT. Live and learn...

20. 2badfjs

2badfjs

depending on what kinda orders they had

they still coulda had someone cover his job a get them shipped out

i end up having to ship most of my orders out, even though i have a shipper recvr.

i agree mostly with the original poster.
    you gotta get your stuff handled and out the door. or your gonna lose the biz.

UPS can be slakers sometimes also ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.