CCOT rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catching Neutral

GOLD Star
Threads
Does anyone have photos of CCOTs grey steelies on their rig? I am considering options.
1. CCOT. They come already powder coated
2. Used and then get powder coated locally. These 2 options are about the same cost
3. I don’t think I can use city racers rims 16 inch rims because I have front and rear discs.
4. FJ company. $1300.00 for 5 and they look great but only come in black
If you have some pics please post. Thank you.

I have checked with one place locally and they want $650 to sandblast and powder coat a set of used rims.
Seems a bit high.

Just buy wheels through Toyota and hit them with Rustoleum Smoke Gray.
E4533B83-DEAE-49FD-BF8A-816D528387DC.png

I did buy the CCOT wheels.
As mentioned above, I ran the pros and cons: Stock wheels from Toyota and paint myself, Order 16" City Racer wheels, Wait for 5 used to come up, or order Toyota and have them powdercoated. (I found Toyota wheels from the dealer for under $100 each, but shipping was $$$)

After going back and forth I ordered the CCOT wheels already finished, ready to mount and I'm please with the purchase. (FYI, got the hubcaps from Toyota for considerably less than elsewhere)

20200111_115357_resized.jpg

Thanks to all who have responded. I appreciate your input.

I did buy the CCOT wheels.
As mentioned above, I ran the pros and cons: Stock wheels from Toyota and paint myself, Order 16" City Racer wheels, Wait for 5 used to come up, or order Toyota and have them powdercoated. (I found Toyota wheels from the dealer for under $100 each, but shipping was $$$)

Rims are one one items you shop the internet if shipping is going to needed. If you found a local dealer and their were going to charge shipping find another dealer.

So here's a link to 5 stock ones I just searched for here in CA, (no affiliation):

Had these been available 3 months ago, I'd have bought them

Doesn't say I'd they are for disc brakes or not. Earlier riveted rims can be found cheap.

I have checked with one place locally and they want $650 to sandblast and powder coat a set of used rims.
Seems a bit high.

seems a bit high? YES

locally last year I was $225 for 5, I think they went up slightly this year

Last edited:
I purchased (5) 15" oem wheels and hubcaps from ebay for $800 shipped and then paid $50 per wheel for blasting,metalizing and powder coating.
Maybe not the cheapest option but quick and easy.I hate shopping and searching to save a few bucks :meh:

check with les schwab, I had mine powdercoated for $33/wheel in their grey.

have you checked recently, their prices have gone up

I don't think Schwab is that far east yet. the OP is in FL

I purchased (5) 15" oem wheels and hubcaps from ebay for $800 shipped and then paid $50 per wheel for blasting,metalizing and powder coating.
Maybe not the cheapest option but quick and easy.I hate shopping and searching to save a few bucks :meh:

Checked and can get five rims and caps for under $600 from a local dealer. May slightly more with tax but way better than $800. I live a dry climate and see no use for powder coating a rim that will get scratched off road. Maybe for a show truck but not one used off road.

I've found that calling powder coat companies in different zip codes needs it's own Excel spread sheet on the differences in cost. All over the place for the same work.

Just for my thought process:
To order the wheels already done, shipped to my house, I only had to load them in my truck and drop them off at the tire store for BFG installation. Several less steps than ordering them black = saved time = money (just my .02)

And Lord knows I spent enough time working to remove and install the new CityRacer bushing set on my spare tire carrier. I'm much better with a hammer and PB Blaster than Krylon Smoke Gray spray paint!

I’ll look for the link then update my post.
If you do go the oem Toyota route price shop around. I bought my spare from a dealer in ca that’s a vendor that gives discounts on here. It was cheaper than getting local. It’s been a year or two I can’t remember if it was free shipping or low price but beat pensacola dealer price.
I get stuff from them cheaper and faster than buying at any of our area dealers. Mobile, fort Walton, pensacola, none care about selling parts enough to give more than below average service and prices are marked up. Bill penny in Huntsville gave cruiser members a nice discount if you have family up there.

I spray painted Toyota ones after a YouTube type prep and have been happy if you want to check out closer your welcome to. I hope to be home tomorrow afternoon. Taking the day off for mrs doc visits.

I would assume the 16 in would clear your rear disk brakes, I bet racer could answer. I had a taco in early 2000s that 15 in wouldn’t clear unless Toyota brand but all 16 cleared unless backspacing was wonky. I think 16 in clears most brakes

Here’s the link

Last edited:
I’ll look for the link then update my post.
If you do go the oem Toyota route price shop around. I bought my spare from a dealer in ca that’s a vendor that gives discounts on here. It was cheaper than getting local. It’s been a year or two I can’t remember if it was free shipping or low price but beat pensacola dealer price.
I get stuff from them cheaper and faster than buying at any of our area dealers. Mobile, fort Walton, pensacola, none care about selling parts enough to give more than below average service and prices are marked up. Bill penny in Huntsville gave cruiser members a nice discount if you have family up there.

I spray painted Toyota ones after a YouTube type prep and have been happy if you want to check out closer your welcome to. I hope to be home tomorrow afternoon. Taking the day off for mrs doc visits.

I would assume the 16 in would clear your rear disk brakes, I bet racer could answer. I had a taco in early 2000s that 15 in wouldn’t clear unless Toyota brand but all 16 cleared unless backspacing was wonky. I think 16 in clears most brakes

Here’s the link

2nd Vote for Ruben at Norwalk Toyota - I get quite a few stock parts from them when I find OEM available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom