CCOT quarter panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone bought & installed quarter panels from CCOT? Just wondered what you thought of the quality of the piece, fit, etc.
TIA.
Vic

I bought both sides about 5 yr ago.. really like them. As good a fit as I think you could expect, quality was good.

I have a set for sale

I have a set in my attic, along with rocker panels. I will never use them, I need an AL tub, can't weld to rust ; ) Let me know if you are interested.

Vic, if you decide to go this route, I have one, passenger side only. You can save all the shipping charges!:bounce:

I bought a right side for my 40 and though that the fit was great. A good price but, like Mark said, you might save some shipping buying it from him.

I've installed many sets of the quarters...they do fit reasonably well, and as well as you could hope for. Be aware this is a BIG job...with considerable welding/fabricating skill needed for a good end result. Not trying to scare you off at all, just know you won't be doing this in a couple of hours in the drive way.

Texx said:
I've installed many sets of the quarters...they do fit reasonably well, and as well as you could hope for. Be aware this is a BIG job...with considerable welding/fabricating skill needed for a good end result. Not trying to scare you off at all, just know you won't be doing this in a couple of hours in the drive way.

Second that.

I got a pair for a customer many years ago. When he told me he had found a body shop that said they would install them for $500 a side, I told him to sign me up as well cause it was obvious they had never done them before! Story gets better.

The guy at the body shop calls me and says he's SO SURE about his abilities, he's gonna come out to my shop with a portable air compressor and a die grinder, and he'll do the job in my driveway if I'll let him use my welder to put it together when he's done.

Nothing like a little good PR, I tell him he's on and invite a couple of other guys over to watch the show. Sure enough, it took him a 6 hour day just to carefully cut away the old quarter panel, drilling out spotwelds in the wheelwells, just to get it ready to install A replacement panel, not even getting the panel at hand cut to match.

He ended up towing the cruiser to his shop to finish the job.;p

It is work

I am in the process of replacing rear quarters. I purchased from CCOT about 5 years ago, with both wheel wells and rear sil. It is a lot of work but everything is fitting. I just ground down the welds on the wheel wells and did some additional cutting to fit in at the rear...I also bought CCOT rear channels. I set in the wheel wells and attached the quarters with clamps and it all fits. Next weekend is for welding....

a6016 said:
Has anyone bought & installed quarter panels from CCOT? Just wondered what you thought of the quality of the piece, fit, etc.
TIA.
Vic

I installed them. I thought they were fine, though I have nothing to compare them to. It was a big job for this newbie. One of my first welding projects. I'm just glad this is a trail truck and they make Bondo.

a6016;

See the Gallery under my user name for pics of what I did for my 80-FJ40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom