CCOT HFS Springs Sagging, no warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, everybody, I bought a set of Cool Cruisers of Texas' HFS springs for my FJ60 last year.

I had it parked for most of the year and when I went to pick it up, the left rear had sagged about 3 inches.
I took it back to my installer and had the sagging pack re-arched. About two months later it was back to sagging.
I contacted CCOT and got the runaround. I must have installed it backwards, I must have two heads, I'm ugly and my mother dressed me funny, that kind of thing.
Anyway, they were not only unhelpful but acted like I was trying to defraud them out of a new spring pack.
Their product is cheaper than OME, but I wouldn't recommend it, since they don't stand behind it. I've got to pay to fix a defective spring now, and I'm annoyed at the bad treatment.
The only thing I could think to do was complain to the Land Cruiser community.

Wow :eek: I was going to get those!

yeah I'd like to know if anyone else has these and has had problems with 'em

Dude that fricken licks. OME all the way baybee. Save up and buy the OME, it is so worth the extra cash. Even the Dakar series... Good luck man with the replacement.

i have heard nothing but great things about these springs. maybe this is a one time incident - unlike pinnacle crap....

Did you buy them when they first came out? I wonder if CCOT has revised anything?

They told me these were the latest revision, and they haven't had a problem before, therefore I'm full of beans.

RE: i have heard nothing but great things about these springs. maybe this is a one time incident - unlike pinnacle crap....

Yeah, the other three spring packs are pretty good units. The bushings had to be trimmed to fit and the front shackles are quite a bit wider than the leaves, so they bow in and bind a bit, but I wouldn't mind that if the truck sat level. What are pinnacles?

pinnacle springs... now those are CRAP. do a search on here and you will see. have you sent CCOT any digital pics of your truck leaning? i mean 3" is a ton. maybe if they see they are installed correctly and they really are sagging they will be cool????? just keep a level head when talking to them. as soon as you get mad they will just shut you out.

I have had the BDS springs on my rig for over a year with no problems. The ride is a little stiff, but not bad at all. It wheels great, and they are supposed to have a lifetime, no questions asked, replacement policy. Has anyone had to repace their BDS springs?

I don't know if I would do anymore business based on my last couple of orders with CCOT. They have good products and some decent prices but just something is missing with their business I don't like. You get what you pay for with springs. If the prices is less they probably use a cheapier steel and do not heat treat it or do anything to harden the metal.

goodluck

Well I must say that I've had the HFS setup for almost a year now along with their 1 1/2 shakels up fron and 2 1/2 in the rear and I haven't had any type of sagging problems even with my MAF long range fuel tank full most of the time. Just as people stated before that maybe you got a bad set.

It must have been when your mom dressed you funny. Thats a good one Aaron. I will call them on Tuesday and see if theres anything that can be done. They sponsor a couple of events that we put on so maybe I can help.
Gary

just keep a level head when talking to them. as soon as you get mad they will just shut you out.

I started out that way, but they managed to get under my skin. I just don't take well to being called a liar.

RE: I have had the BDS springs on my rig for over a year with no problems. The ride is a little stiff, but not bad at all. It wheels great, and they are supposed to have a lifetime, no questions asked, replacement policy. Has anyone had to repace their BDS springs?

Are the HFS the same as BDS? The HFS warranty is against breakage only. Since mine are made of wet spaghetti, I don't think I'll be having that problem. Seriously, the other three are good, good ride, nicely built. I think y'all are right, I got a bad one.
My installer is willing to disassemble the bad spring pack and replace a leaf with one of his. Now THAT is service. Anybody in Albuquerque, I love the guys (in a manly way)_at NM Spring and Suspension.

so we have one positive for the hfs...anyone else. i'd like to hear only from fj60 experience. i have yet to hear any bad on the hfs40 springs, but i recall there being a few negatives on the hfs60 springs.

not that i'm buying any, i'll stick to my alcans now that my crapass pinnacles are off

Cookiemonster said:
Dude that fricken licks. OME all the way baybee. Save up and buy the OME, it is so worth the extra cash. Even the Dakar series... Good luck man with the replacement.

Urban Land Cruisers sells the OME Dakar set for about $100 less than the HFS from CCOT. But when you read the HFS story they sure make them sound like they're the best.

Also I remember limited availability of the 60 HFS springs early 2004. Some BS about a steel shortage.............maybe his set got rushed through production and one wasn't tempered right? Possible?

I have had nothing but good results to report with my HFS Springs, nice ride. great flex, and no sagging. They have been on for about 10 months at this point, this is my DD, and I wheel it frequently. I will be very interested in seeing CCOT resolve this problem quickly in order to keep my confidence and continued business.

RE: Also I remember limited availability of the 60 HFS springs early 2004. Some BS about a steel shortage.............maybe his set got rushed through production and one wasn't tempered right? Possible?

I received the front springs right away and had to wait another 6 weeks or so for the rears, which was weird, so I think they could have gotten some unobtainium mixed into the batch.
By the way, thanks for the support, everybody. I was feeling pretty alone going up against the man, there.

I put on BDS . they have settled but no noticeable sagging. They are not quite a year old.

when I got them I noticed the springs were made in Canada. They had a stamp on them saying that. So I figure they should be of ok quality. MAYBE. Better in my mind than anything from china or taiwan.

The ride is stiff. But I find it ok. I don't know how OME feels. the price made the difference when I bought. I didn't buy because I wanted the lift. I bought because I had broken the rear springs. Both sides in the middle of the pack. They were curving upward. yuck!!!!

Hfs

I have had my HFS kit with the 1 1/2 shackles in front and the 2 1/2 in the rears and have not had any problems with it yet. I am very happy with the quality and the ride of this kit. I would hope that they do not want bad things being said about their product or service. Hope it works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom