CCOT Hell-For-Stout 8274 bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.homestead.com
Some time back, when they first introduced the HFS bumper, I purchase one and was pleased with it's design and construction. At the time, I was considering a 6K or 8K horizontal Warn winch. I've now decided to go with concensus (and possibly debtor's prison) and spring for the 8274/Synthetic rope/hawse fairlead combo.

Since I purchased the original HFS, they came out with the 8274 version and no amount of pleading or drivelling or snivelling will convince CCOT to sell me the mounting plate for the HFS/8274. I did get them to fax me a small drawing (not to scale and no measurements) of the plate ::)

Can someone with the new bumper make me some kind of drawing or list some dimensions (I have the 8274 mounting bolt pattern from their website). I need to know the size of the plate and how much it sticks above and below the bumper, etc. 'Anything back there other than just a welded on flat plate..... i.e., bracing, gussets ? Plate thickness ? I've got a hacksaw and a file and know a guy with a torch.

A good picture of the rear of the thing would go a long way also.

I would be forever indebted and would name my first child (but not my cruiser) after you.

John, 59 years old, single, ugly, and no prospects for offspring at present ;)
Charlotte, NC '79 FJ-40
TLCA 12495, Upstate Cruisers
You can email me direct if you like.
sparkgap@carolina.rr.com

Sherwood:

I just happen to have one on order and it should be delivered here at work on Monday. I'll snap some photos and take some measurements then and email them to you.

Eric

That would be fantastic !!!

I do like those little tube gussets that woody made..... methinks I'll do something like it on mine. I'm sure I could booty-fab a mechanically sound version on my own, but, since I'm only a Junior Structural Engineer, Third Class, I thought I'd see what the "professionals" did on the original ........ and try to be as-good, or better.

Again, I do have the mounting hole measurements of the 8274 itself from the Warn site.

Many thanks for your offer,
john (with cable modem, so no problem with big pix)
sparkgap@carolina.rr.com

PS: How do I explain that my first-born's given name is going to be Dobberz ? ???
'Cuz his mama was stung by dirt dobberz ? ???

Sherwood:

Should have the bumper here in the next couple of hours. UPS tracking confirms that it is on the truck for delivery. I'll email the information to you as soon as I can!

Dobber is a perfectly normal name isn't it? ;)

-Eric (Dobber)

Sent email to you with bumper information. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom