CCOT Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
So recently I found some pin holes in my fuel tank right before I was getting ready to reinstall it. So I found the option from CCOT and from reading and seeing pictures, I chose that option. Here's what my first impressions are along with some pictures for reference if any of you are looking at using this as a replacement. Mine is a 76 FJ40, but I believe they have options for other years as well.

• So let me start by saying that this tank is very well made. If you didn't know any better, you might see this as being OEM.
  • Price is ~$345 vs OEM ~$560 Pretty big difference.
  • It comes with a free fuel level sending unit (while supplies last) included in the price.
  • The gasket for the sending unit was a little janky and took me longer to align it than it should have, but overall it is good.
  • Wires line right up and plug in without modification.
  • It does have some wire keep bendy things to keep the wires in place, but mine were run above the cover so I didn't end up using these.
So over all a very nice unit and good option vs going OEM. The only reason I might think of going OEM and spending an extra $200 is if you absolutely want to keep it OEM. At this point though, for me this was just as good.

1597342818990.png

1597342845416.png

1597342857814.png

1597342887078.png

1597342905184.png

Last edited:
I might have to buy one eventually. My PO buggered up the sender holes and mounted an aftermarket sender with self 1/4” self tapping sheet metal screws. The threads on them are so coarse they don’t seal. Genius.

Any ideas on a good cheaper auxiliary fuel tank for a fj 40 like a mana free 25 gal that sits in the back between the frame? Have a fabrication shop make one? Has to be cheaper than what man a free wants?

I have a CCOT tank in my 40 and it works with no issues. It was sold to me without a sending unit or sending unit gasket but the OEM one from my tank bolted right up.

Any ideas on a good cheaper auxiliary fuel tank for a fj 40 like a mana free 25 gal that sits in the back between the frame? Have a fabrication shop make one? Has to be cheaper than what man a free wants?
Yes, my 22 gallon rear fuel cell that goes behind the rear diff, thick nylon, laboratory tested stronger than a steel tank, will never rust- - -easy deal.

i have 3 CCOT reproduction tanks under my belt , no issues

i also have found a NON-USA Interchange part # for the little white check valve behind the passenger seat .

Finally a needed parts solution OEM toyota !

EC551D44-4100-40EA-B218-1687C06A8F2F.jpeg
71890BE7-AB01-462F-8DC7-F4374893D79D.jpeg
D04FA2D2-8B13-44B6-9793-6AE042680013.jpeg
B7A874C1-7764-41A4-BBD2-710B52B830BD.jpeg
3A9C17D3-A987-46D2-8661-59EB834D17A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Take note How Airon ran a dedicated ground wire to his sender phillips head machine screw upgrade / update !

good show brother ........ :)

1598214393375.png

Take note How Airon ran a dedicated ground wire to his sender phillips head machine screw upgrade / update !

good show brother ........ :)

Also take note the sweet new fuel tank sending unit cover rubber piece from @ToyotaMatt. Much more durable and looks and feels better than plastic OEM piece.
Thanks Matt.

Looks good gonna check cost with having tank checked by radiator shop then decide what to do. I've owned CCOT repro in the past and it did great.
What did you put down beneath it? I'm thinking some rubber strips just not sure how thick to go with?

Looks good gonna check cost with having tank checked by radiator shop then decide what to do. I've owned CCOT repro in the past and it did great.
What did you put down beneath it? I'm thinking some rubber strips just not sure how thick to go with?

EPDM Rubber roofing

i have a big sheet

PM me i can cut off a hunk and send it to Ya .........

I went to Lowe's and bought a 3ft piece of rubber floor board molding (about $3-$4), the kind that you see in industrial buildings where they just glue them to the bottom of the wall where it meets the floor. It's decent size thick rubber, and I just cut that into strips and lay it underneath. Worked well for me.

Thx, ToyotaMatt was kind enough to send some my way for shipping. This helps me a bunch since Lowe's is 90 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom