CCOT Clutch upgrade kit struggles. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

projectTuRD

SILVER Star
Threads
I’ve got to be missing something. I’m pretty bad with this stuff so it’s got to be me.
There’s no way this is supposed to look like this?
The soft hose doesn’t fit the bracket and the hard pipe doesn’t end up anywhere near there anyway.
What gives?

288645B2-2902-413E-8422-1159435B04EE.jpeg

It looks to me like the hard line has been replaced too. Both should probably mate up with the tab on the firewall rib.
The hard and soft lines come with the kit along with a master and slave cylinder.
I have to be wrong somewhere, there’s no way such a major player could ‘engineer’ something that makes so little sense?

@projectTuRD

As @B y r o n pointed out, the original routing of the hard line went from the master cylinder to the tab with with the whole in it:

1656984446550.jpeg

The hard line was supported by the tab, and the female end of the flex hose was locked in place with a clip.

This is on a '73 model, but I suspect your rig started with something similar.

Does CCOT expect you to bend the hard line to the tab, or is the hard line just supposed to hang in mid air, with the flex hose tugging on it?

:meh:

1656984838198.jpeg

@projectTuRD

As @B y r o n pointed out, the original routing of the hard line went from the master cylinder to the tab with with the whole in it:

View attachment 3050281

The hard line was supported by the tab, and the female end of the flex hose was locked in place with a clip.

Does CCOT expect you to bend the hard line to the tab, or is the hard line just supposed to hang in mid air, with the flex hose tugging on it?

View attachment 3050288
@projectTuRD

View attachment 3050281

View attachment 3050288
I know how it was run, I took mine out 😉
I wish I could find an original master and use my old lines.

My mistake for the confusion regarding your OP.

If you knew what it looked like since you took it out, looks like you should have consulted with @Pighead before spending big bucks with CCOT.
No mistake, I didn’t clarify very well. Even worse, I bought the same master, slave and soft line a year ago off amazon and forgot about the slave. I threw the new soft line into the old slave and boogered it up. Then I bought the ccot kit recently not realizing it’s all the same stuff but with a useless hard line. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤣

Did you ever solve this? I'm getting ready to do mine and considering the CCOT kit.

Last edited:
CCOT= Can’t Count On Them. I’m not sure these guys would know a lug nut from a walnut.

Did you ever solve this? I'm getting ready to do mine and considering the CCOT kit.
Get the cylinders and soft line from rock auto or Amazon, and make a hardline.
Mine is still unresolved. I now have some tube and a bender though, so I will re route it at some point. The bracket needs to be modified regardless, iirc though. Pic is from the other day and my prop valve post.

IMG_7631.jpeg

Yeah, now that I'm nearing the end of my restoration, after spending nauseating sums of money on parts from all of the usual vendors, I can say that CCOT is at the bottom of my list of vendors I would buy anything from again.

Every one of the custom aftermarket parts I've purchased from them have been bad, with the exception of some of their replacement body panels. I don't get how they stay in business making such low quality stuff.

I make custom stainless clutch and brake tubes and can make you one that actually fits... we keep the masters, slaves, and hoses in stock as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom