CCOT “Best” weather stripping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
C06C2CFB-9C95-4FAA-A9CB-0C128164B1F4.jpeg
6D682783-842F-48BD-BD79-8DA0BFEF9916.jpeg
3B054139-A78D-4F8B-AE3D-F661B56368B1.jpeg
3A685107-1CA5-4D8E-8E73-848D479F5F9E.jpeg
I recently finished the back ambulance doors and it turned out pretty good in my humble opinion. Only one part of the strip sticks out when the doors are closed, and I’m trying to remedy that with more 3m adhesive.

While starting on the front doors, I noticed that the “LH” (which I understand it to be “Driver’s Side”) and “RH” seems wrong. The “bump” part of the trim is towards the back if following the instructions. But it seems like it would be a better fit if it was in the front of he door. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

I should have taken pics of the trim flip-flopped (LH trim on the pax door) and shown the bump in the front. Also, as I was placing the trim for a fit check, I started to wonder if I had the glue side wrong as well. I’m pretty sure I have it on the correct side for gluing because if I did it the other way, there would be a gap in the glue contact area.

An update for anyone considering the CCOT “Best” weather stripping...

I spoke with someone from CCOT and after a lengthy discussion, so as to ensure there was no confusion, it seems the trim was either mis-packaged or the RH means Driver’s Side so it is Right Hand as you look at the vehicle from the front. The bump or “lumpy” part of the trim should be at the forward part of the door, not the aft part as I had placed it on the picture. Near disaster averted... I think! :D

I got some of this weatherstripping recently and it did seem to be mislabeled and pretty darn confusing thats for sure. It's not just your batch

I got some of this weatherstripping recently and it did seem to be mislabeled and pretty darn confusing thats for sure. It's not just your batch

I hope you glued them on the correct way.

The lumpy part looks like it would go fine to the aft side of the door, and with the packaging labeled the way it was, I wouldn’t doubt it if others have put it that way. But as I hung them again for a sanity check, it does make more sense that the lump goes to the front, because the trim along the angled part of the window/door is thinner than the rest of the trim. That was my “ah ha” moment.

7AF7F1AE-2931-4D8A-B1A8-7D67667BC0D4.jpeg
CCOT “Best” is clearly NOT!!! It wasn’t till I got to the end of the first door that I have come to this conclusion. As I finished the gluing at the bottom per the instructions, and trimmed the extra, do I notice that the form/mold of the trim is different shaped where it meets. Probably won’t hinder the functionality of the trim, but it sure does look like s***.

PS! I know my glue technique doesn’t look great, but since this was on the bottom and I was in hurry to finish, I wasn’t as careful with the process. Hence the stray 3M all over the place! :)

I hope you glued them on the correct way.

The lumpy part looks like it would go fine to the aft side of the door, and with the packaging labeled the way it was, I wouldn’t doubt it if others have put it that way. But as I hung them again for a sanity check, it does make more sense that the lump goes to the front, because the trim along the angled part of the window/door is thinner than the rest of the trim. That was my “ah ha” moment.

I actually exchanged mine out for the OEM stuff. Didn't like the texture or appreciate the confusion on the packaging

I hate to say it, but I just finished installing mine and had no trouble at all and was a good fit. Maybe I just got lucky.

I hate to say it, but I just finished installing mine and had no trouble at all and was a good fit. Maybe I just got lucky.

John, did you get the “Best” or the “Original, formed corners” trim? If you got the Best, was it packaged correctly? Mine was definitely mislabeled. Also, did you not have the same issue I had with the different shape where the two ends meet? If your answers are both in the affirmative, you were lucky or I was unlucky! :).

As for the way the ends meet, I’m going to call CCOT on Monday to give them a ration of s*** on a shingle.

I used the "best", test fit before installation, did small sections at a time and did not rush the process. As far as the mismatch at the bottom I can't see how this happens because you make the cut from the strip yourself and it's the same shape the entire length. Maybe you just got
a bad piece. :(

In your last pic it looks like two different pieces of molding. The section on the right has a "channel" the other piece does not. It also is bigger,
I don't understand how this can be if it is from the same piece of w/strip??????

In your last pic it looks like two different pieces of molding. The section on the right has a "channel" the other piece does not. It also is bigger,
I don't understand how this can be if it is from the same piece of w/strip??????

That’s what happened in mine. The form isn’t the same all the way around. It is like that for both sides. I’m on a work trip right now but on Monday, I’ll try to take better pics and post them. From the sound of it, I got a fxxxed up batch.

Very pissed off.

I got mine from City Racer LLC and very happy with product and results

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom