CCOT aftermarket mirror arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cruiser has two new CCOT aftermarket mirror arms (see pic) and whenever I'm driving over 30 mph they seem to fold inwards. I took apart the arms and tried to shim them up tighter, but I'm still having the problem. Any suggestions how to get them nice and tight?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Did you try to tighten the bolts in there (are there any?, I know in mine there are)
if not, only sollution (IMHO) is to fold the arms tottaly forward and adjust the mirrors so you can see. The (wind)forces on the mirror will cause a minimum turn-effect.

(I hope I made myself clear, 'cause I'm dutch...)

Frederick is right - those arms have bolts where they attach to the mount plate - you'll see a spring behind the bolt which compresses and gives you more tension on the arm thus reducing unwanted straying. I torqued mine pretty tight where you almost need two hands just to move the arm. Now no more wind issues. Give it a shot.

Andy

ahh my PO must have done that NJFJ40.Mine are so tight that it bends before it begins to move! I might take it apart and loosen them up a little cause i dont like where they are posistioned now..

Thank you all for your info. I'm pretty sure mine are a little different, as they are aftermarket replicas, but I'll take 'em off and check it again. I'll also post some pics if they are in fact different.

Tks,

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom