CB Troubles... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So essentially you have just obsoleted my CB75 purchase/intall and Rory's recent install? ;)

Don't sell the CB. The migration, if it happens, will take a while. :D

-Mike-

Yep, although I'm out of position to take the test. The next one I can take is near Sacramento. Looks like we were a week or so late with this thread...

Don't sell the CB. The migration, if it happens, will take a while. :D

Yeah, while 2M may be "better" I have no plans to run out and spend $$ on a radio I might use 6 times a year. A CB works fine for 99% of what we do and these days I have to choose my spending/time consumption battles carefully...

Ali,
No problem. After I cram for this test and the gub'ment allows me to transmit on their airwaves I'll make the 75 available although I really like the form factor. If you are in a hurry for one I bought it ( Cobra 75WXST Weatherband CB Radio [Electronics] $80.00) from an amazon seller (sellit697@hotmail.com).
If you are on 2m what radio(s) are you using?

Steve,
Are you gonna go for it?

kevin

I'll keep my eye out for an used 75. My 2M radio is a Yaesu FT-1500. It too has a very small form factor.

I agree, the migration will take a long time as the CBs do fine for all club runs. For remote or solo runs, HAM will come in handy for emergencies. I'm looking forward to running with the NorCal guys in March and practice with the 2M.

Actually, there are times when a CB will not cover from the front to the back of a group. 2m is the wave of the future in mobile communications. Getting the license is only $15. It doesn't mean one has to buy a radio - yet (or ever). Nice to have the option though.

I'll just wait until someone with more disposable income than me decides the one they bought just isn't quite right and replaces it with the latest and greatest. Then I'll borrow the old one on every club run (after passing the test, of course).

No code after Feb 23, 2007.

See www.arrl.org for details.

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom