CB Radio & mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I would like to mount a CB radio in the double din location. I have not found anyone who offers a double din CB.

Perhaps a single din CB, but with which bracket what mount?

Also trying to find a location for the dual battery monitor.

Curious to know what others have done.

IMG_9125.jpeg
IMG_9127.jpeg

I’m not aware of a double din cb option. There are single din options like the popular cobra 18wxst you could pair with a cubby below it to fill the double din opening. You could probably get it to work with radio brackets but you would probably have to put some new holes in the side of the cb case to get it to work.

It would be an interesting project to create a custom mount for a smaller cb and that battery monitor next to it in the double din spot.

I’m not aware of a double din cb option. There are single din options like the popular cobra 18wxst you could pair with a cubby below it to fill the double din opening. You could probably get it to work with radio brackets but you would probably have to put some new holes in the side of the cb case to get it to work.

It would be an interesting project to create a custom mount for a smaller cb and that battery monitor next to it in the double din spot.
That would be a great idea, get both of them in the double din spot. Hadn't thought of that. I don't use the radio any longer, so, might as well make it useful. Maybe @NLXTACY will make me one :)

Most TLCA events and people I’m wheeling with have moved to GMRS radios. But best to mount the radio that your group uses.
You could mount your CB and a GMRS radio together in the double DIN slot. Then you’d be covered for future events.

I don't have any pics handy right now, but myself and many others have stacked the Cobra 18 as mentioned with a single din CD player. I have my CD player directly on top of the cobra. It works well with this model CB because the speaker is on the front (rather than top or bottom like others). It's been years, and I don't remember exactly, but I don't recall using anything special to mount it. I think I was able to mix whatever bracketry came with the CB with the bracketry in my LX450 to make it work. It looks factory too.

However, as time goes on, many rides, people aren't using CBs anymore. I'm still glad I have it, but it does seem GMRS is the wave of the future. I also got my HAM license and carry a handheld so I could bounce off a repeater and get help if needed.

I have a Galaxy DX 979F stuffed into the radio spot. It's a monster, but I don't run a radio there either.

President make's very small modern CB radios. I've had a couple of those and they work very well. Stack it with a small GMRS and you should fit.
I ran that combo in my Tacoma. You could also get a small sheet of black ABS and make a face plate.

I snapped a pick of my setup with the cobra 18.
6D5662A5-42D2-478B-B9BA-45C414AF544B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom