CB question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where are some good places to get CB stuff (ant., coax cable, mount, etc) ?? I know truck stops are good places to find this stuff, but I havent seen any truck stops near Norcross. Any suggestions would be nice. I have a CB, but just not any accessories for it.

-Nick

Try Fry's electronics in Alpharetta. They're proud of their CBs so I would shop around for that but you can find most everything else at a reasonable price there. I even bought me SWR meter there for $12 that Radio Skank wanted $40 for.

I got mine for 25 bucks on amazon (midland 1001z small space radio) and the antenna and supplies on Walcott CB?
Where are some good places to get CB stuff (ant., coax cable, mount, etc) ?? I know truck stops are good places to find this stuff, but I havent seen any truck stops near Norcross. Any suggestions would be nice. I have a CB, but just not any accessories for it.

-Nick

Pilot Travel centers have some inexpensive ones and all the goodies to go with them. There is one off 285 south of 85 and before 675...

Guys, he already has the CB but looking for the peripherals such as cables and antennas.

I have got a magnetic mount antenna I will sell.

Guys, he already has the CB but looking for the peripherals such as cables and antennas.

I am trying to find a firestik, but I am going to Auburn, AL on Sunday, so I will probably stop at a truck stop I know of off 85 near there. Thanks for the ideas

did you see my post in your wanted add?

Is a SWR a important tool for antenna mounting? I'm gunna drill a bracket it my truck. And don't want to find out later it's a crappy spot.

Anybodys I can borrow? I'm by 285 and rosewell road. Sandy springs. Any help would be great! I'm trying to get this done by Sunday.

Thanks all

Is a SWR a important tool for antenna mounting? I'm gunna drill a bracket it my truck. And don't want to find out later it's a ****py spot.

An SWR meter is helpful, but not manditory. Some antenna let you make minor adjustments in the length to fine tune the antenna. Ususally a set screw at the mounting base. An SWR meter will help with this fine tuning.

It's more important to be sure that the mounting bracket is well grounded. I ran a dedicated ground wire to mine. just to be sure. Most mobile antennas utilize the ground plane of the car/truck body and frame to improve reception, as well as your transmission.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom