Caught cheating.....on the 25's. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser_Nerd

That 25 Guy.
Threads
Where's everyone been hiding the last few days?

I was up to no good. The early cruiser critic with a sharp eye can see what's wrong with this "1964" FJ40 I picked up today:
6240.JPG

And no, it's not the crust of road salt (it's not even Thanksgiving yet :rolleyes: ), the missing parts, or the oil slick underneath..........so why was I happy when I picked up my 1964 FJ40?:D

Archie 1962 FJ25 said:
Hard top sides are from FJ25HT

Very Close Archie, yep, that "1964" shares a 25 hardtop.

wesintl said:
hub caps????

Yep, all four hub caps were in back. :D
But I've never seen one in such terrible shape. :frown:
hubcaps.JPG

Archie 1962 FJ25 said:
where are the side vents? and is that grill mesh is from 25?

Veeeeeeeery close, but nope not the mesh that's the problem with this "1964".:D
62grll.JPG

I'll take that stamped bezel off your hands.

did it live in a hi crime neighborhood?

Damn.. I was going to say bezel too. that must be a 63

what side vents.. 64 had no side vent...

Which side vents?

It doesn't have a FJ25 air intake in the apron, but it's got kick vents and bug catcher vent windows. The dead giveaway was in the grille picture.........

It does have this silly vent in the roof though:
vent.JPG

Yep, those are all clues on the right year.......Wes and 3_puppies we're on the right track.

Another clue, but try not to barf when you see what the winters do to a Cruiser around here:
bracket.JPG

I think he's talking about the blower motor vent in front of the kick vent.

I could use rear tail lamp holders if your parting with some things... My 64 had a dealer installed conferr bumper that is coming off so that bumperettes and oem tail lights can go on :D

Nice score on the cruiser... Worth the bezel alone..

wesintl said:
I think he's talking about the blower motor vent in front of the kick vent.

I could use rear tail lamp holders if your parting with some things... My 64 had a dealer installed conferr bumper that is coming off so that bumperettes and oem tail lights can go on :D

Nice score on the cruiser... Worth the bezel alone..

Ahhh, I'm not used to seeing those newfangled air intakes for the defroster. :D

I'll be parting it out, but don't want to pimp the stuff here, just having fun. I believe those brackets fit the small FJ25 style tail lights. ;)

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Ahhh, I'm not used to seeing those newfangled air intakes for the defroster. :D

I'll be parting it out, but don't want to pimp the stuff here, just having fun. I believe those brackets fit the small FJ25 style tail lights. ;)
Hey Jim, You gotta tell us the frame # Vac Wipers? Thanks, John Pardi

I can't tell by the pics, does the hardtop have that little six inch or so post just behind the door? Wind em up or jam em up windows in the doors? White or black faced speedo?

Those tail light brackets are from the earliest 40s and will take the 25 lights, were the fender mounted turn signals included? Dibs if they are the doubled lensed variety...

I'd guess late '61-early '63 by the grill and lense bracket, but mid 60's if it does not have that little pillar for the top, front bumper looks kinda young, too...but wait...is that gas cap big or just blingy...

Last edited:
Going to get some shuteye, I can rest easy knowing exactly why this one got retired.......

Let this be a lesson. Never put an alternator on an early Cruiser, the stress will break the block. :flipoff2:
hole.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom