Catalytic converter replaced- VSC TRAC/VSC OFF Lit up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at buying a 2007 LC. The seller states that the lights came on after replacing the cc’s with aftermarket parts and their mechanic says the only way to fix the issue is to install new ones with OEM which is about a ~5k fix.
Is this truly the case or could there be some other solutions that they haven’t thought of?
Thanks

Read the codes on the ECU and post them there

I am looking at buying a 2007 LC. The seller states that the lights came on after replacing the cc’s with aftermarket parts and their mechanic says the only way to fix the issue is to install new ones with OEM which is about a ~5k fix.
Is this truly the case or could there be some other solutions that they haven’t thought of?
Thanks
The only way that could be remotely possible is if the CEL is on. Otherwise, the problem is unrelated to the cats.

They're cheaper then that, oem I mean.

Number one rule, don't believe the seller.

List the codes.

They're cheaper then that, oem I mean.

Number one rule, don't believe the seller.

List the codes.
I asked the seller if they could take it somewhere for a scan and give me the codes and they said they wouldn’t. Basically said they’re certain it’s the cats and don’t want to waste their time. The vehicle is not local, unfortunately.

I'd move on. Do you have a link you want to share?
BUT, if it was cheap due to cat issues, brake booster, secondary air intake, I'd buy it if it drove without going into safe mode for 2 separate ignition off driving events past 40 miles an hour with rpm above 2000 for more than one minute each. It's probably only 30 seconds but idk exactly.

Sustained cat codes, any, should easily be fixable if it doesn't go into safe mode with sub 1000$ fixes, legal.
I only wish I could find an 06-7 that was broke no start cheap.

The price was good if there weren’t any issues like this. And they were unwilling to lower the price accordingly so I’m taking your advice and moving on. Thanks for your input!

issues like that should put an 06-7 with sub 200k into the teens- low 20s

I have no business talking, I wouldn't sell mine for sub 30. The more I sit and watch the more I think in my own delusional self that the last 100s of the LC sort passed their bottom in 2019

issues like that should put an 06-7 with sub 200k into the teens- low 20s

I have no business talking, I wouldn't sell mine for sub 30. The more I sit and watch the more I think in my own delusional self that the last 100s of the LC sort passed their bottom in 2019
165k, $21,000. Also needs TB/WP. No rust.

That's funny because if you would have wrote 24 it's hard pass right?
And if you would have said 18 some would say look closely.
if the po was being an ass and wouldn't give me codes I"D probably be more colorful than just ASS on the phone.
I'd drive 3 hours to look, but I drive a lot. Other.s maybe not so much.

I asked the seller if they could take it somewhere for a scan and give me the codes and they said they wouldn’t. Basically said they’re certain it’s the cats and don’t want to waste their time. The vehicle is not local, unfortunately.
Let's us apply group shame upon the seller!

VVT (06-07) CAT codes are a problem. Replacing CAT(s) will likely not solve. Very likely this has other DTC (codes).

I think I've isolated No. 1 cause and modify with a permanent fix of cause (not tricking ECU, plug extenders on O2s or block off kit).

I'm looking for more VVTs with of similar CAT codes and others, to gather (more) anecdotal info, before I release findings and mod.

I'd be interested in this 07 for my research. PM ad? if you don't buy, please!

VVT (06-07) CAT codes are a problem. Replacing CAT(s) will likely not solve. Very likely this has other DTC (codes).

I think I've isolated No. 1 cause and modify with a permanent fix of cause (not tricking ECU, plug extenders on O2s or block off kit).

I'm looking for more VVTs with of similar CAT codes and others, to gather (more) anecdotal info, before I release findings and mod.

PM’d

Does your P, R, D, lights on the instrument cluster blown? If so replace those and that might turn off warning lights

I have this exact issue on my recently purchased 2007 lx470. One of the POs installed aftermarket high flow cats and it’s throwing P0420 and P0430 codes. When I clear them they come back within hours. I’m planning to try O2 sensor spacers next…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom