Castor for 39's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Castor angle for my cruiser?

what Castor should i run for 39" tires?

positive how much?

am i missing somthing ??thought you had 37"pro comps. and had allready done the c&t,why would the castor angle need to be changed for bigger tyres??

im going to have 40's or bigger later. (trying to break things)

i have cut the knuckles but i havnt welded them up yet as i want to get the castor a1

negative castor you mean........top to the rear , bottom to the front. i do 4 degrees on mine.

hmmm yeah top back, some people/pictures say positive some say negatave is top back....

hmmm yeah top back, some people/pictures say positive some say negatave is top back....

They are wrong

Postive Caster is always towards the rear of the truck.

5* is a good number.

They are wrong

Postive Caster is always towards the rear of the truck.

5* is a good number.

X2 But I thought it should be your trail rig only .. did you plan run it faster .? if not 4* should be nice ..

I thought ( based on my personal apreciations ) that more caster, more strees in your steering pump / box under turns ..

There are diminishing returns on the actual caster #.

5 is a good median. I pretty much guarantee that you won't know the difference between 4 and 5*

And yes, it is harder on your PS system, but hell, wheeling is hard on it too ;)

so thats 5* from zero? in the up back direction?

0* means the kingpins are directly above each other.

5* means the top KP is moved to the back of the truck. Picture the limbo ;)

Or picture this.....
caster.jpg

cheers med

cheers guys

Would that mean that on a trail rig 0* would be beneficial?

Less stress on steering box, and no undesirable wheel straightening up:)

neg. 5 is really good number but on rocks and not daily driver more would give the steering of a grader which helps to pull around objects!:D

I ran my 40 for a while like that

It sucked on and off road..

The stresses on the axle from proper caster nothing compared to wheeling the rig..

what about if i do some onroad kms?

On our race truck ( pics in Woodys photo page ) we run 13 neg. camber now that is very xtreme but works scary well! But if I was to do a trail rig use with moderate road travel I would with out a doubt run 7 neg. and if I do remember right Woodys when we did it is 6-7 neg.

so by negative you meen positive? lol

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom