castor correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i got my alignment done yesterday and my front castor is -1.9 on the left and -2.2 on the right. My question is what correction bushings would be better for me the Slee or OME?? thanks Will

anyone i was thinking of the OME since they are for 2* but is the Slee 3* better? does it need to be more than 0.0 or on each side like +1.0?

Slee bushings at the very least, don't bother with OME. Though the plates would be best, as Landtank mentioned.

so how hard are the plates to install by comparison to the bushings? also it says something about welding? how long do these take to install usually?

from your avatar i can see damn those are some huge tires. But i have 33'' on my rig now so i'm thinking i'll just order those plates. how hard are they to install??

hey anyone use the man-a-fre drop brackets. i'm interested since they correct the driveshaft angle also since i'm getting a vibration that i don't like. anybody have some experience with these and what is your setup used with these?? thanks Will

hey anyone use the man-a-fre drop brackets. i'm interested since they correct the driveshaft angle also since i'm getting a vibration that i don't like. anybody have some experience with these and what is your setup used with these?? thanks Will
I have them and just took them off for the slee caster plates. Not because one is better than the other but because I couldn't mount my sliders. If your interested in them let me know.

hey anyone use the man-a-fre drop brackets. i'm interested since they correct the driveshaft angle also since i'm getting a vibration that i don't like.

Drop brackets do not "correct" drive shaft angle problems. They rotate the axle (and therefore the U joint angles) just like any other caster solution. Even MAF does not claim that they correct DS problems.

I just got a set of Slee Caster Plates to replace the MAF 4plus+ drop brackets...for the above stated slider mounting and because their location is bad as it relates to hanging up on rocks.

The Slee plates look pretty straight forward and easy to put on...just take a look at the directions on Slee's website. There are two little welds on the leading edge to make. If you don't have a welder, just take it to a muffler shop and show them the picture from the instructions...10 minutes tops

so how hard are the plates to install by comparison to the bushings? also it says something about welding? how long do these take to install usually?
I just put my Slee ones in this weekend. The only hard and frustrating part was the mounting of the passenger side plates. Besides that you don't need to get them welded immediately as told to me by Ben from Slee.
You can drive on the street but don't take it offroading until you weld them.

I bought a set of OME 2* and ran them for a couple thousand miles, but then decided to try the Slee 3*. I bought the Slee used off of mud, so I figured I'd give them a shot. I can't really notice the diff from the 2* to 3*, but then again, I haven't gotten the caster sweep to have the numbers.

That being said, I have my OME bushings for sale in the parts section. <----SHAMELESS PLUG :p

The plates would offer much if you don't mind tackling the job..

G/L!!

:beer:

I have some interesting vibration as well. What are your symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom