Castigate me but do miracle cures work ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TCEd

SILVER Star
Threads
The 40 has a rear seal leak that will not be repaired until next winter. Should I try any of the products that imply they may stop the leak or just invest in floor dry ?
Caveat : I always walk past that isle in the auto parts store that contains all the miracle cures. Ed

I would not put a 'leak stop' product in my engine, it seals and gunks up oil passages and everything else. Floor dry is just expensive kitty litter. Go to Walmart and buy the cheap kitty litter and throw down some cardboard under the truck.

The last thing I would do is put a stop leak in my truck. You are asking for more trouble. Miss Scarlet has had a bed pan from NAPA under her for the last year because of a bad rear main. She goes in on April 27 for a fix.

What you mean the rear seal on F series engines aren't suppose to leak from the back side of the crankshaft? Thought that was to verify you still have oil and force you to at least add new oil every now and then. Learned something new.
Just like aircraft radial engines. If they’re not leaking it means it’s out of oil.

And honestly they don’t really even leak, it’s just them marking their territory...

OK, I got a bag of floor dry and poured some of it in a old plastic snow sled and its under the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom