Caster Plates and Radius Arm clearance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disclaimer:

This post is not a rant and nor is it directed at anyone in this thread, I’m simply posting this in case someone uses the search function (like I did back in May with no avail) and is looking for information on 4XOAUS / 4XOUSA / Black Hawk Radius Arms.

Darren is delusional and condescending, no customer should ever receive a response like the above from a vendor. Very simple Darren, use your “Business Manager” skills and tell your customers the truth, tell them 8-10 weeks (even though I hear the ordering process can drag out for 6 plus months). When you tell a customer 2 weeks and its going on 6 weeks, you might throw in a few key words like, “we apologize”, “we are sorry”, “do to factors out of our control” etc. No Darren is very snide and condescending. I have been very patient and tried to be understanding with him despite all the stories that surfaced.

I know of 2 other people I have been communication with online, one customer placed his order a month before mine and is still waiting, another person placed his order a day after my order, this person has been very vocal online about his experience and was automatically blocked by Darren, what vender blocks his customers line of communication? Anyways this person disputed his purchase and Darren prioritized this order ahead of us. Now Darren is saying my shipment packaging was damaged and is delayed 😊

If Darren at 4XOAUS / 4XOUSA feels threatened (and by threatened I mean, simply asked where your product is two days later after it was supposed to ship out) he will block your e mails.

If you need to order black hawk radius arms there are 3 more venders available, you might pay $100 dollars more for shipping

Disclaimer:

This post is not a rant and nor is it directed at anyone in this thread, I’m simply posting this in case someone uses the search function (like I did back in May with no avail) and is looking for information on 4XOAUS / 4XOUSA / Black Hawk Radius Arms.

Darren is delusional and condescending, no customer should ever receive a response like the above from a vendor. Very simple Darren, use your “Business Manager” skills and tell your customers the truth, tell them 8-10 weeks (even though I hear the ordering process can drag out for 6 plus months). When you tell a customer 2 weeks and its going on 6 weeks, you might throw in a few key words like, “we apologize”, “we are sorry”, “do to factors out of our control” etc. No Darren is very snide and condescending. I have been very patient and tried to be understanding with him despite all the stories that surfaced.

I know of 2 other people I have been communication with online, one customer placed his order a month before mine and is still waiting, another person placed his order a day after my order, this person has been very vocal online about his experience and was automatically blocked by Darren, what vender blocks his customers line of communication? Anyways this person disputed his purchase and Darren prioritized this order ahead of us. Now Darren is saying my shipment packaging was damaged and is delayed 😊

If Darren at 4XOAUS / 4XOUSA feels threatened (and by threatened I mean, simply asked where your product is two days later after it was supposed to ship out) he will block your e mails.

If you need to order black hawk radius arms there are 3 more venders available, you might pay $100 dollars more for shipping
"this is not a rant". :) sure seems like a rant to me.

I'm going to add a few comments on my own experience in dealing with 4xO and communicating with them about products over the past 5 years since I first got my Slinky/Blackhawk lift and also address some specific comments made in this thread. First. I've learned that Darren has a blunt, direct style of communicating. Yes, it can come across as condescending. I don't work for his company nor do I represent him or the company so I can only say that this is what I've learned in communicating with him. Also, for product/order related communication he works through email. He will occasionally respond to FB messages, but he does not check messages on FB Messenger very often so that isn't a good method to communicate with him. Persistent messaging online that isn't email will eventually be met with a terse response (and I've seen him block people on FB because of this) and a reminder to communicate through email. Right, wrong? Not my place to say, that's how he wants to handle communication.

The implication that he has been "telling stories" or "lying" is untrue and putting it on a public forum is borderline slanderous IMO when it's only based on assumptions or feelings. I say this because these are assumptions made by customers to explain what they think is causing the delays with their orders. In my communication with him I've been made aware of the delays he's experiencing in getting product and filling orders and they are real. He gets told "2 weeks" by a supplier and might pass that timeframe onto his customer. Then the supplier ends up taking 6 weeks and it slows the whole thing down and customers think he's just making up delays. He's a small Australian company and some of his products like the Blackhawk radius arms are pretty new to the market. Getting production and supply sorted on a new product can take time and be problematic in the best of times. If you factor in a pandemic that has caused all kinds of problems in production and supply (not to mention the crazy restrictions that have been in place in Australia because of the pandemic) then it might make more sense why there have been some delays. Could he be more transparent with customers? sure. But it's his company and he'll handle communication in his way. I can understand how that can be frustrating as a customer to feel like you're being strung along. But, the delays in getting product and other supply chain issues are real. I know others are getting Australian products in a much faster timeframe (myself included). These are generally larger companies with larger inventory on hand to help avoid supply delays, and a staff large enough to handle each different step from initial production to customer interaction. Also, most have some process in place for international orders that allows for shipping rates that aren't extravagant. For a small company to air freight individual orders to customers overseas (products that are often oddly shaped and don't package well and are heavy) is expensive and 4xO could pass those costs onto the customer or they can hold the order for a time so that it can be sent in a shipment of many orders to keep the shipping costs lower and not pass the higher expense onto the customer. Also, remember he does not have a US based distributor.

I'm not defending his way of doing business, I'm just letting you know what I know of the situation and shed some light on what is happening. I will say that in recent communication with Darren he has told me that much of the roadblocks he's been experiencing in production and supply are finally smoothing out and happening faster.

Take it however you want, but that's what I know of the situation. In my experience I've never seen Darren be dishonest with a customer. He may not communicate everything fully but I've never seen blatant dishonesty and as far as I am aware he fills every order. It can be slow getting the order filled but he's never not filled an order.

"this is not a rant". :) sure seems like a rant to me.

I'm going to add a few comments on my own experience in dealing with 4xO and communicating with them about products over the past 5 years since I first got my Slinky/Blackhawk lift and also address some specific comments made in this thread. First. I've learned that Darren has a blunt, direct style of communicating. Yes, it can come across as condescending. I don't work for his company nor do I represent him or the company so I can only say that this is what I've learned in communicating with him. Also, for product/order related communication he works through email. He will occasionally respond to FB messages, but he does not check messages on FB Messenger very often so that isn't a good method to communicate with him. Persistent messaging online that isn't email will eventually be met with a terse response (and I've seen him block people on FB because of this) and a reminder to communicate through email. Right, wrong? Not my place to say, that's how he wants to handle communication.

The implication that he has been "telling stories" or "lying" is untrue and putting it on a public forum is borderline slanderous IMO when it's only based on assumptions or feelings. I say this because these are assumptions made by customers to explain what they think is causing the delays with their orders. In my communication with him I've been made aware of the delays he's experiencing in getting product and filling orders and they are real. He gets told "2 weeks" by a supplier and might pass that timeframe onto his customer. Then the supplier ends up taking 6 weeks and it slows the whole thing down and customers think he's just making up delays. He's a small Australian company and some of his products like the Blackhawk radius arms are pretty new to the market. Getting production and supply sorted on a new product can take time and be problematic in the best of times. If you factor in a pandemic that has caused all kinds of problems in production and supply (not to mention the crazy restrictions that have been in place in Australia because of the pandemic) then it might make more sense why there have been some delays. Could he be more transparent with customers? sure. But it's his company and he'll handle communication in his way. I can understand how that can be frustrating as a customer to feel like you're being strung along. But, the delays in getting product and other supply chain issues are real. I know others are getting Australian products in a much faster timeframe (myself included). These are generally larger companies with larger inventory on hand to help avoid supply delays, and a staff large enough to handle each different step from initial production to customer interaction. Also, most have some process in place for international orders that allows for shipping rates that aren't extravagant. For a small company to air freight individual orders to customers overseas (products that are often oddly shaped and don't package well and are heavy) is expensive and 4xO could pass those costs onto the customer or they can hold the order for a time so that it can be sent in a shipment of many orders to keep the shipping costs lower and not pass the higher expense onto the customer. Also, remember he does not have a US based distributor.

I'm not defending his way of doing business, I'm just letting you know what I know of the situation and shed some light on what is happening. I will say that in recent communication with Darren he has told me that much of the roadblocks he's been experiencing in production and supply are finally smoothing out and happening faster.

Take it however you want, but that's what I know of the situation. In my experience I've never seen Darren be dishonest with a customer. He may not communicate everything fully but I've never seen blatant dishonesty and as far as I am aware he fills every order. It can be slow getting the order filled but he's never not filled an order.

⭐🎥⭐

OP, hope you get your 80 sorted soon.

⭐🎥⭐

OP, hope you get your 80 sorted soon.
Thanks Coys!!!

QuickAzz 4x4 (yes it’s safe to google)
4wDshed are 2 other BlackHawk suppliers that are willing to ship to the USA. QuickAzz has the full blackhawk lineup on its website

Delta Slee
Jmax and Superior engineering also supply radius arms

As previously mentioned, just putting this experience out here for others to see. I have personally talked to 3 other people that are or have gotten the run around by this Darren. I’m a blunt communicator myself but this guy is going beyond blunt. I was patient and understanding up until his last message

He’s the one that told me it would be only 2 weeks, this makes him a Liar 🤥 it’s real easy to be honest and say
“hey, it will be about 8-10 weeks
Would you still like to place an order?”
He tricked me and others into placing an order with him. Then after you place the order he gets irate and delusional on you.

“Stop asking questions you
already have the answer for.
Your emails and your tone are
counterproductive, and I will
send you want you need, so
please don't email us again
unless it's a valid question,
after you get your tracking.”

Hmm telling people that "there's one set of radius arms available on incoming pallet that will be here in two weeks"(this was back in mid April), then continues to sell radius arms to multiple people and tell them all they are on their way sounds like blatant dishonesty to me... Something is really telling when Darren calls me a liar on social media, then I post snapshots of everything to prove exactly what I stated, including proof of how he sold "the last set" to multiple people then suddenly he feels the need to block me, tells a lot about himself. Yup if someone is still supporting this company despite the mounting evidence Darren has not been able to produce his products he's promised to people over the course of the past 10 years, then maybe they don't see the whole picture here. I mean name more than half a dozen people who are actually satisfied with 4xo? He's broken so many relationships with retailers here in North America as well, it's not even funny.

From another
Unsatisfied victim…. his response on the 4XOAU 4XOUSA experience He was told he was a sheep and Darren was a lion lol. Bring that Lion crap to the states smiley

Bill shortest summation I can give: I emailed and asked if he had any kits ready mid Dec, said he'd have some ready to ship 1st of Jan so I paid that day. Waited.... waited.....waited. said it was shipped the 14th and then was unable to provide tracking and shipping updates for 6 weeks to 2 months. Out of his hands due to Covid. Said I was rude and mean for simply asking for updates, then said I was a sheep and he was a lion so he didn't care about my opinion.
I requested a refund, he tried to keep roughly half of it, and somehow was able to instantly stop an international shipment(that he said had been on the way for 2 months) and return it to himself at my cost. But couldn't provide a tracking number ever.

Scumbag vendors, it happens... Sometimes these threads bring out the good and sometimes it acts as a warning to other potential customers. Reminds me of WabFabs business practices before he disappeared with peoples funds...

There's been enough scuttle butt online about Darren that I would only order parts from a 3rd party supplier/stockist who was able to confirm what you want is in stock, and in their possession.

He has a huge wealth of cruiser and suspension knowledge, and has built some great products and rigs over the years.

But, buyer beware.

I've seen him have melt downs on a couple of different forums over the years.

Scumbag vendors, it happens... Sometimes these threads bring out the good and sometimes it acts as a warning to other potential customers. Reminds me of WabFabs business practices before he disappeared with peoples funds...
Wadfab ripped me off for a set of locking hubs

the new excuse for not having your s#it together as a vendor is concerned is: "Supply Chain Issues".

Seriously, I get constant requests if something on my site is available? If it's available you can order it! That's how the system works. If it's out or stock you can't order it!

It only gets complicated when a vendor takes an order and it's knowingly not available.

the new excuse for not having your s#it together as a vendor is concerned is: "Supply Chain Issues".

Seriously, I get constant requests if something on my site is available? If it's available you can order it! That's how the system works. If it's out or stock you can't order it!

It only gets complicated when a vendor takes an order and it's knowingly not available.
Hindsight I should have just went with the land tank plates, might end up going that route after this is settled. I disputed my credit charge and all of a sudden Darren able to start communicating with me instead of talking down to me. Darren claims he will ship them next week, however pretty sure he’ll drag it out, technically he has until the 31st. Let’s see if he can prove me wrong, I’ll be shocked. That 4XOAU / 4XOUSA actually committed to a ship date. If he does ship them I’ll come back here and admit I was wrong.

Not to derail, but do you happen to know if Superior super flex arms offer extended length options like Jmacx, Delta and BH for 37s+? Doesn't seem to be stated on their product page. ;)
No, they don't offer extended length - I have asked if they'd consider doing these and they refused.

Except that (to my knowledge) 4xO hasn’t ever taken someone’s money and not fulfilled the order. If that has happened, I haven’t heard about it. Someone getting impatient and canceling an order is not what I’m talking about. Frustrating communication and/or slow delivery isn’t the same as flat out theft. WabFab is a completely different type of thing. Nobody is taking a customer’s money and skipping town.

Except that (to my knowledge) 4xO hasn’t ever taken someone’s money and not fulfilled the order. If that has happened, I haven’t heard about it. Someone getting impatient and canceling an order is not what I’m talking about. Frustrating communication and/or slow delivery isn’t the same as flat out theft. WabFab is a completely different type of thing. Nobody is taking a customer’s money and skipping town.

Taking money for orders knowing they cant be filled in the immediate future, and lying about shipping status is not far off it

Taking money for orders knowing they cant be filled in the immediate future, and lying about shipping status is not far off it

It’s trapping someone into a deal that otherwise would not have happened.
For me it wasn't about the: delays, false lead times, trapping me into the purchase ETC... It was his hateful and delusional responses that made the experience go south. I'm an understanding and patient person. I know logistics can have delays, I'm not a 14 year old waiting for a new X Box.

Defending this guy is pointless, I know about 6 people who say their experience was nothing less then "HORRIBLE" or "Nightmare".
How was your 4XOAU / 4XOUSA experience? Reply: "It was horrible" "it was a nightmare" "it drug out for months and months"

Their are other venders available, honest ones, courteous and will appreciate your patronage. Ones that don't make you feel like your in a delusional abusive relationship

As previously stated:
  • I Disputed the charge
  • Darren miraculously had time to reply in a civil manner and states, " I was just about to ship them and noticed the dispute"
  • on 8-4-22 He pretty much states he has until the 8-31-2 to prove his shipment to the credit card company (meaning the items can be hostage until them)
  • I say if you can prove you indeed have a package and a shipping invoice Ill lift the dispute
  • He says its Friday and he's on vacation most of next week, he will ship it out when he returns and his final words are " rather than keep up email tag with you here being belligerent"
    • if he delays it further than next week, he's just being a control freak

From another 80 owner in Canada. Ordered control arms back in December, never got them, then when cancelling his order Darren decided to charge him a restocking fee and refused to refund shipping costs. Keep in mind 8 months later Darren was never able to prove they were ever in stock, nor given a tracking number to prove they were shipped out.

Ryan4xoRefund.jpg

I'm sure anybody minus above person would agree that charging a restocking fee on an item that was never in stock, and refusing to refund shipping costs when they were never shipped out to begin with is absurd... On a $420 order he received just over $180 back, sounds like taking someone's money to me and hiding behind whatever terms and conditions he can use to keep as much as he can... Purchaser is disputing the rest of the charge with his card/bank. It'll be up to Darren to prove the restocking fee and refusal to refund shipping costs.

Darren will definitely get snarky with you if you ask him about your order when he's previously stated they'd be there by a certain time, and that time has come and passed. Lots of defensive behavior and constantly deflecting tells you a lot about him.

I highly advise people to go through their bank/card company rather than requesting a refund from Darren. I put in a dispute and easily won my case by providing all the emails and messages received from Darren. I knew if I cancelled directly with him it would be forever till I see my refund and may never see the full amount.

It’s trapping someone into a deal that otherwise would not have happened.
For me it wasn't about the: delays, false lead times, trapping me into the purchase ETC... It was his hateful and delusional responses that made the experience go south. I'm an understanding and patient person. I know logistics can have delays, I'm not a 14 year old waiting for a new X Box.

Defending this guy is pointless, I know about 6 people who say their experience was nothing less then "HORRIBLE" or "Nightmare".
How was your 4XOAU / 4XOUSA experience? Reply: "It was horrible" "it was a nightmare" "it drug out for months and months"

Their are other venders available, honest ones, courteous and will appreciate your patronage. Ones that don't make you feel like your in a delusional abusive relationship

As previously stated:
  • I Disputed the charge
  • Darren miraculously had time to reply in a civil manner and states, " I was just about to ship them and noticed the dispute"
  • on 8-4-22 He pretty much states he has until the 8-31-2 to prove his shipment to the credit card company (meaning the items can be hostage until them)
  • I say if you can prove you indeed have a package and a shipping invoice Ill lift the dispute
  • He says its Friday and he's on vacation most of next week, he will ship it out when he returns and his final words are " rather than keep up email tag with you here being belligerent"
    • if he delays it further than next week, he's just being a control freak
If you listen to him again then you only have your self to blame.
Darren has had this same issue long before covid and supply chain issues.
People need to stop supporting vendors that operate in this manner. 🤷‍♂️

unfortunately yes

Yet we still have someone fanboying, coming up with several paragraphs of excuses for Darren and tells everyone they're being emotional and reacting to feelings :rofl:

I wish I did my research when I ordered my arms from him, but glad I got my full amount back via dispute with my card company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom