caster plate welding question

I know I could call slee in the morning, but I have decided to go ahead and weld the castor plates. Will it generate enough heat that I should remove the arms so as not to melt the bushings?

lx450landcruiser

from the pics those plates look fairly thick i would say you would want to remove them as its not to much more work. it might not melt them but i would think it would if your looking to get good penetration on the welds.

mike

sleeoffroad

Supporting Vendor

No, if you only weld the front seams of the plates to the front of the factory brackets you will be fine.

e9999

You want to do what...?

sleeoffroad said:
No, if you only weld the front seams of the plates to the front of the factory brackets you will be fine.
and these in principle could then be removed with minor grinding of the weld?

Look at that Alex, you don't even need to call Slee in the morning. He comes to you in the evening :D Occasionally I question the almost obsessive following Christo has, and then I realize the reasons behind it. :cheers: Christo :)

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Look at that Alex, you don't even need to call Slee in the morning. He comes to you in the evening :D Occasionally I question the almost obsessive following Christo has, and then I realize the reasons behind it. :cheers: Christo :)

Part of the reason i'll keep feeding his dogs. Thanks Christo. :cheers:

Top Bottom