Caster Help Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 91 rhd Land Cruiser 4.2 turbo diesel I have installed:
OME complete 3" lift kit
Complete Yota masters tie rod end set
complete spector bushings set including the OME offset bushing set that came with the 3" lift

That took my caster from -3.4" to 1-1/4"

I need more positive caster. What are my best options?

And ya I have read here until my eyes are blurry.

Any advise would be appreciated

If it needs a knuckle rebuild than you might consider offset trunion bearings while your in there. You also have caster plates as an option. The only problem with the trunion bearings, caster bushings, and caster plates is that they can cause your steering linkage to rub on your control arms.

Aftermarket control arms or control arm drop brackets from @eimkeith will give you caster correction without pushing the control arms closer to steering. The aftermarket arms are a lot more spendy than eimkeith's drop brackets.

If you can weld or have friends that weld than I would definitely look into eimkeith's brackets. I am very happy with them. It would probably be smart to press in new arm to frame bushings while your "in there" if you do go with the drop bracket option.

Good luck

I used the Delta VS radius arms with Toyota bushings.
I didn't like the look of the caster correction plates. By all accounts they work just fine, they just seem kinda "band-aid-ish".

If you read caster threads until your eyes were blurry, you likely already have your answer :flipoff2:

Many ways to skin this cat. Different caster bushings with more angle, caster plates and stock bushings, radius arm drop brackets, aftermarket radius arms, pick your poison and then deal with the driveline complications or tie rod interference as needed.

I just replaced my caster plates with Delta radius arms due to 6" of lift, if you want my old 5 degree correction plates I'll let them go for super cheap. PM me.

I have decided to go with drops... Anyone have advise on either one, better or worse? Here in NC not much rock crawling, its mudding here fyi... You know how us rednecks like our s*** jacked up, 3 inch is a starter kit... LOL

I just replaced my caster plates with Delta radius arms due to 6" of lift, if you want my old 5 degree correction plates I'll let them go for super cheap. PM me.
Everything i see is 90 and 91 are different? i'm a noob to the Land cruiser. I have a Vietnam era 66 Kiser/Jeep that i do the serious stuff with... 593 gears and such

Everything i see is 90 and 91 are different? i'm a noob to the Land cruiser. I have a Vietnam era 66 Kiser/Jeep that i do the serious stuff with... 593 gears and such

As far as I know they did not sell 80's in the USA in 1990. The first year was 1991. In 1990 they were still selling fj62's.

HDJ, Japanese spec, definitely an 80 body and setup....AFAIK there is no difference in the radius arm attachment. Early 90s 80s (haha) have different sway bar attachments which causes some differences on some components, but not this.

I have a Vietnam era 66 Kiser/Jeep that i do the serious stuff with... 593 gears and such

I miss my Kaiser!

IMG_7052.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom