Cascade Vehicle Tents 40% OFF Black Friday Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hojack

♠️Project Snowball❄️
Threads
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
AA7922A5-5A4C-43EF-8E79-08C730BE1A8A.jpeg

The 60s series Landcruiser is about the best overland vehicle out there. A lot of us would probably say its #1. A rooftop tent just seems to complete the 60 for overlanding. Able to camp wherever your 60 takes you.
The Hardshell tents have always been my favorite. Quick to setup and secure. The Roofnest Sparrow Eye and CVT Mt. Baker are the 2 I’ve been looking at. I really like the A-frame design. Since CVT is in Oregon I wanted to reach out to them about their Baker hardshell.
7ACDCF68-3BCB-4353-9EE6-0E5E1A4124A9.jpeg

Not needing one right away I asked them earlier this summer if they have a Balck Friday sale, they said they probably would but wouldn’t go into detail. Patiently I’ve waited for November to find out about Black Friday.
I called CVT about their Mt. Baker Hardshell to see if they had any idea what their Black Friday prices were going to be. Much to my surprise Jon emailed me back and said it looks like some models will be 40% off. Later he emailed me back saying that included the Mt. Baker and Mt. St. Helens Hardshells.
Jon sent me over some pricing on the Mt. Baker Hardshell. They have a fiberglass and PVC shell. Below is pricing for either one. Fortunately Bend, Oregon is a 2.5-3 hr drive for me so I’ll be headed down to check out these RRT’s.

CVT has 2 locations,
Bend, Oregon
Chattanooga, Tennessee

I thought others who were on the fence about a RRT may want to know these crazy prices.
Fiberglass shell
A345E281-2E86-438B-B393-0C09F73CC466.jpeg

PVC shell
355F2A61-7521-4BB2-8206-300B9CEFB561.jpeg

Sale runs 11/29 thru 12/8

I haven't heard of these before. Been planning on an ARB tent for next summer though. Aside from being a hard shell, how do these compare? Interior space, ease of setting it up and packing it in, installation and removal from the rack, etc...

I haven't heard of these before. Been planning on an ARB tent for next summer though. Aside from being a hard shell, how do these compare? Interior space, ease of setting it up and packing it in, installation and removal from the rack, etc...
The hardshells are mostly 2 people, comparable to a full. Only needs two crossbars for mounting, Thule/ Yakima etc.

Wow, neat deal. Hardshells have been out of the budget but this is a solid discount. @Hojack, any tech specs on the dimensions/weight of these? CVT’s new website isn’t loading correctly for me.

Wow, neat deal. Hardshells have been out of the budget but this is a solid discount. @Hojack, any tech specs on the dimensions/weight of these? CVT’s new website isn’t loading correctly for me.
It’s all posted up above just click the link.

Can't ever seem to get my head around the RTT thing. I'd throw that cash toward an OzTent RV4 and call it done.
:beer:

In the RTT threads, the guys who have them love them. I have a pickup truck camper so I guess to me it’s the same principle. I dig the Hardshell RRT’s.

I have a RTT (not hard shell) on my 80. They have some advantages and some drawbacks. The big advantages over a tent is that I don't need a flat, rock free spot to camp. I have been on some pretty unlevel rocky areas. Just arranged some rocks,, drove up on them to level the truck and I was ready to go. Also, the foam mattress is pretty dang comfortable, much more than any air mattress I have ever used. And in the snow, rain, boggy terrain, etc. they can't be beat. I bought mine used and was a good deal. A quality tent and mattress ain't cheap either.

They have their drawbacks too. Getting down to piss in the middle of the night sucks (I'm older and do this at least once a night). And you can't setup camp and then go out exploring since the tent is on top of the rig. And my dog is SOL.

If you camp in campgrounds or other improved places, I see no reason for one other than comfort. But for disperse camping, they are pretty nice.

I had a ARB RTT on my truck. And then we got caught in a windstorm in west Texas. Never again. No complaints about the build or function. 50 mph winds on top of the truck were tough just because of the noise.

It would be great if I lived in CO, but I don’t.

If I were to do it over, it would be a hardshell like this one.

I say try the ABS....over the Fiber Glass.....
I have had the autohome variant at 110@ for a few years on top of my rig... full time.....
No issues at all other than aesthetics with some surface cracking on the fiber glass finish.....
ABS would probably be stronger and take the twisting and rattling of washboard roads better...(thus the spider cracks)...
What is the weight on the Mt Baker.. I could not find it on their website...(then again... Im getting old)....
Having had the soft fabric and now the hardshell.....yeah go with hardshell...less noise and easier (too easy, really) to deploy, put away.....

I couldn't get their website to "build" one.. Are ladders included?

RTT on a m416 trailer is where I'm headed. This is a good deal. And Chatt is close enough that I could pick it up and save S/H. Any idea what the Coupon Code is @Hojack?
Sale doesn’t start til 11/29

I had a ARB RTT on my truck. And then we got caught in a windstorm in west Texas. Never again. No complaints about the build or function. 50 mph winds on top of the truck were tough just because of the noise.

It would be great if I lived in CO, but I don’t.

If I were to do it over, it would be a hardshell like this one.
hardshell would definitely have made a difference. i've been in some nasty stuff in mine and was kept awake listening to a friends tent while my maggiolina was silent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom