Carson NF and Northern NM Cruiser sightings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
When one's friends bale on a saturday at Gordy's, one improvises...
With the poor snow accumulation on Santa Fe NF, I was curious what snow levels were on the Carson NF.
So I went up there....

Along the way I spotted several really sweet cruisers. In case you folks are on here:
- the pearlescent Hundy with lift and roof rack blowing by me on La Bajada- jeez I wish I could climb like that!
- the super clean Yellow FJ40 southbound on the santa fe bypass- wow, what a pristine rig!
- the gray FJ62 on 285 north of Espanola- you have a really sweet rig! Looks great with the stock steelies!
- The lifted and loaded out white 80 southbound on I-25 near algodones I think? What a sexy beast!! I hope you could see through the tint that I gave you a thumbs up , not the bird!
- The gray 88'ish Extended Cab at The Grille on San Mateo... that is the cleanest survivor mini truck I've seen in a long while- Excellent!

Ok on to the exploring...
As with Gallina last week, Cruces Basin and Lagunitas were surprisingly barren.
I was solo, so only pushed it to just south of Brazos Ridge overlook on 87... I high centered a bit in the drifts and discretion being the better part of valor, I decided I didn't want to spend the night and turned around.

I really took the wrong truck. The 22re Mini Truck on 33 skinnies just wasn't up to the super dry powdery snow. I MAY try to haul the 4Runner up there next weekend (if we don't get more snow) to see if my bald 35's and wore out v-6 can make it any further. Anyone interested?

Here's some lame pics

San Antone Mountain... may as well be September
IMG_3365small.jpg

More coverage than Gallina, but in late December this should be 4' deep
IMG_3371small.jpg

Overlooking Cruces Basin... Last time I was here in December I was on a snowmobile
IMG_3375small.jpg

Leaving three tracks at 2:30PM... time to head back
IMG_3380small.jpg

Too bad it's 2 - 3 hour drive one way. We could do the snow run here.

Too bad it's 2 - 3 hour drive one way. We could do the snow run here.
Ya thats the problem... and the snow is either sparse or impassible so not the best for playing around. The wind would make it hard for the kid-o's to have very good play time. Its harsh up there!

Let us know towards Thurs or Friday if you are going to try it this next weekend. Maudie and I might be game.

Let us know towards Thurs or Friday if you are going to try it this next weekend. Maudie and I might be game.

Will do. I gotta sort out some tire issues. Which day is better?

Sorry for the late reply, the boss just got home from a long trip to AZ. Either Sat or Sunday would be cool with us. I'd assume no new snow fall, if you beat tracks with your beast, we should be able to follow?

Sorry for the late reply, the boss just got home from a long trip to AZ. Either Sat or Sunday would be cool with us. I'd assume no new snow fall, if you beat tracks with your beast, we should be able to follow?

No prob! I'll know better tomorrow which day I'm able to get away, looking more like Sunday. There's possible snow on Saturday.

I'm a no go for this weekend. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom