Cars & Coffee at Nationals Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately I'll be on my way back from Hawaii that day... would have participated otherwise.

Green Hell, I see you are in Alexandria. We have 4 FJ40’s meeting at my house at an early time TBD. My house is right on 395 and Duke in Lincolnia. You are welcome to link up with us and we can ride down in a caravan and that way we will all have adjacent parking spots.

Perfect timing since I just moved here! I've signed up and looking forward to meeting everyone there!

Off topic, but I think it was your rig I saw parked on the north end of Commonwealth a few days in a row. If so, nice truck!

What’s the magic meet up time going to be ??

They called me back the day after I filled my form out. Sounds like the Forty caravan is meeting at my house at 5:30 6420 Pima St Alexandria. We have about a 20 minute drive to the stadium.

I’m sure if you make it at 5:30 there will be shotgun space. I invited a friend of mine’s son to ride a long but haven’t heard if he’ll make it. Steve is driving my other forty, and that one probably has on open front seat.

I’m sure there should be an open seat somewhere but Riley is riding with me. Bart might be rolling a wagon and that thing seats 10

In case not everyone got it....

Thank you for registering for Adam Eaton’s Rev Up The Park benefitting the Dragonfly Foundation. We are not only excited to work with you in creating another great event but also appreciative of your generous support. This email’s purpose is to get you up to speed on what to expect before you arrive on Saturday. Slipstream Coffee & B.Doughnuts will provide coffee/savory & sweet donuts at no cost to guests.

Take a quick peek below for some high level instructions and at the attached documents.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

· Geico Garage will be open at 6AM

o Garage volunteers will direct you to your appropriate space

· Food, information and auction tables will be set up on P3

· 106.7 The Fan will be providing music and commentary during the event

· Expect door prizes and giveaways throughout the event from generous sponsors

· Family friendly with children of all ages welcome

· Be mindful not to directly solicit for other charities/groups

· No tents/tabling (unless discussed beforehand with event staff)

o Tents must be anchored by 4 sandbags for safety precautions

o Tables must be approved beforehand by event staff

DRIVERS (Arrival)

• All show vehicles will enter Geico Garage through main entrance (closest to intersection of South Capitol Street SE and N Street SE).
    • From 6am-7am, both lanes will be incoming traffic. One lane will be for pre-paid vehicles and one lane will be for on-site payments.
    • From 7am-9am, one lane will be ingress and one lane will be egress.
    • VIP rooftop vehicles will be sent to a reserved spot on the roof. Other spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
    • Speed limit in garage is a max of 5mph
  • Drivers will wait until majority of pedestrians have left the premises before departing
  • Payment options of cash/card can be taken at Geico Garage entrance if not pre-paid
§ To pre-pay please reach out to me - 202.640.7083 | Joelle.Griffith@nationals.com by 5pm today, 9/21/18.

§ YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT CONFIRMED UNLESS YOU HAVE PRE-PAID. If you registered online, but have not spoken to me to submit payment, you will go through the “On-Site Registrant” lane.

§ If you have pre-paid, you should have received your parking permit. Please print this pass and display it on your dashboard, as this will grant you access to the expedited lane from 6am-7am! If you have not received your permit, but did pay, please contact me immediately.

SPECTATORS

• Spectators will park in Garage C and exit via the elevators (Garage C entrance is on 1st Street SE)
  • Spectators will walk around Centerfield Gate (not entering the park) and enter Geico Garage through elevators
    • Payment will be collected outside Geico Garage elevator bank
    • If you have pre-paid for spectators, their reservation will be under your name. Please tell your spectators to provide your name to the attendant upon approaching the elevator bank.
  • Spectators will take elevators up to roof/P3 to enter event
  • Spectators will depart via Geico Garage elevators and exit to Garage C

GENERAL AUTOGRAPH POLICY: In keeping with the nature of the event, we ask that you refrain from asking the player/s for autographs or pictures during the event. There will be a professional photographer on-site capturing the day and those photos will be made available to all participants after the event. Personal items can be dropped off at information table to be signed for a small donation.

TRAILERS & PARKING (Parking Map Attached):

Trailers are able to load/unload on “N Street SE” by center field gate. Volunteers will point drivers with trailers to a specific location to unload their vehicles. The clearance height of Geico Garage is 7’8” and will not be a valid place to park the trailer. Trailer parking is on a first come first serve basis via metered street parking on 1st St SE and Potomac Avenue SE.

WAIVER FORM:

If you have not already, please fill out the attached waiver form. You can hand it over to the attendee or email it back to me.

EARLY BIRD GIFT:

For individuals who pre-registered before the September 1 date, early bird gifts will be available to be picked up at the information table on P3. Volunteers at the table will have your name on file and check it off for your gift.

Thank you to Pohanka Automotive Group, Slipstream, B. Donuts, Kbar Soap, Strike Force Energy, Hoo-rag, Mariani Snack, Thin Blue Line, Off Road Alliance, Capital Wrappers, AWE Tuning, Chemical Guys, Adam’s Polishes, USP Motorsports, and PionerFit, Herr’s, and New German Performance for their sponsorship/gift packages!

Let us know if you have any questions regarding the event. We are excited to see you on Saturday!

Joelle Griffith

Washington Nationals Dream Foundation

And yes...it is raining. :bang:

IMG_20180922_063241934.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom