Cars and Coffee - Post here where you're headed to showcase. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Am I the only one thinking about the old “world’s heaviest twins”entry in the Guinness Book of World Records??? They were riding motorcycles.

That's what it looked like.
I was third in line for about 4 or 5 miles. Then we got to a passing zone, so he waved up past. My 3FE did not make short work of the task. This was on St Louis road.

On the way down to Marshall, I got stuck behind a convoy of 8000 series JD tractors (a lane + wide) going to a hay job. They turned off after only a mile or two.

Nice to meet you guys!

My red 62 hasn't had a drive like that in a few years. Of course on the way back I got stuck in a row of cars behind a 300lb dude riding a moped. Nobody would pass him. He was doing (maybe) 15mph on some of the rolling sections.
On topic with what we were talking about. If you were RHD you could’ve given him a love tap with an egg

I'm thinking Toyotas and Coffee this Sunday AM; up in Frederick, MD.

Copied from a couple months ago, can't imagine it would have changed. We're planning to be there, most likely, probably closer to 9 though

Thanks for responding, and yes it's at the same place, on the last Sunday of every month.

Did anyone go to the Frederick event?

@DominicanFZJ80 , me and one other member with a 1969 FJ40 (I believe) who is also a CLCC member. I didn't get his handle though. There were a bunch of nice rigs there, mostly 80s and 4Runners.

I'll try to be better about posting pics on here; most make it to my IG because it's just so easy to do so.
D8FF213E-76A6-42E1-AF11-E89235A86A1A.jpeg
05BF7B0F-7ECF-4F8A-8DB1-4BF1D29B3F56.jpeg
7CB7C3C5-1F80-45A1-81E4-E965A71E8B48.jpeg
9DE98A1D-9869-45E7-81A8-1700E3EB10E1.jpeg
BCF65E21-79C9-4EDF-82BC-E357D1DDFDDA.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty sure I’ll be heading to Potomac Cars and Coffee tomorrow AM:

0900-1100
10220 River Rd, Potomac, MD 20854, United States

If you’re so inclined, maybe I’ll see ya there.

Last edited:
Potomac Cars and Coffee, with the CAC (Capital Auto Club) co-sponsorship, has gotten bigger. Typically it only occupied the small parking area abutting the building; now it spills into multiple adjacent lots! Good showing of vehicles today. Quality in volume is there between 0830 and 1030. Two 2020 Aston Martin Vantages, a RR Wraith, plethora of Bimmers, Lambos, McLarens, and so much more.

Many of the high ticket owners mentioned that this may be the last meet they attend before cars hibernate for the winter. You know, to avoid all that road salt and brine mixture that's dumped on roadways here.

Looks like rain this weekend. Maye we'll be done with road salt going forward.
And then we're into March.

What's on the docket?

Looks like rain this weekend. Maye we'll be done with road salt going forward.
And then we're into March.

What's on the docket?

I'm hoping that rain will wash away the salt, actually. Then we'll be planning on doing the Potomac show, the Frederick show and maybe some others.

I went once... Like 10 years ago (maybe it was 15).

I was driving my 1968 88" Series IIA and next to a $500k car it looked ridiculous.
Perhaps the guy with the $500K car didn’t realize his ride looked ridiculous. 😀
A Series llA certainly did not.

Perhaps the guy with the $500K car didn’t realize his ride looked ridiculous. 😀
A Series llA certainly did not.
I had a 1968 Series IIA and out of respect to the exotic cars, I never drove it there again.

You need cojones to drive that and park it next to a half a mil car. :rofl:

IMAG0419[1].jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom