Carry a lot of extra weight and looking for better daily driving ride quality.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dobinsons.

Maybe go check Fox shocks if you want anything from basic to remote resi with high/low speed compression & rebound.

—— Or Icon if you can get past sticker shock. ——

I’m way sold on Icons, but my truck ends up in dumb places.

I’m running Icon hi-lift coilovers FR on the Tundra and will get the adj Icon RR’s when I have extra bones to toss that way.

My 80 has Slee coils & OME shocks - I think the shocks are what make the coils feel like tooth removal tools. OME shocks are stiff IMO.

Dobinsons.

Maybe go check Fox shocks if you want anything from basic to remote resi with high/low speed compression & rebound.

—— Or Icon if you can get past sticker shock. ——

I’m way sold on Icons, but my truck ends up in dumb places.

I’m running Icon hi-lift coilovers FR on the Tundra and will get the adj Icon RR’s when I have extra bones to toss that way.

My 80 has Slee coils & OME shocks - I think the shocks are what make the coils feel like tooth removal tools. OME shocks are stiff IMO.
It's the OME shocks, IMO they are horrible shocks, they really make the ride much stiffer than is needed. I am on a budget as well and am running tourflex coils and tuff dog oil shocks (from trail tailor), a much more comfortable ride on and off road

It's the OME shocks, IMO they are horrible shocks, they really make the ride much stiffer than is needed. I am on a budget as well and am running tourflex coils and tuff dog oil shocks (from trail tailor)
That’s what I thought.
And why I suggested Fox shocks (the basic ones go out in the RR since all the flex really is that axle) - but they ride quite decent with Dobinson coils & aren’t big $$.

And in reality, the guy that has replaced a pair of the basic Fox RR’s is pretty tough on them.
Finesse is never a word he uses - more ‘carried momentum’ ;)

I'm running Tourflex in the rear as well but to my Knowledge Trail Tailor doesn't have a stock height option.

In the front I'm running Dobinson's Spring and the same shocks that are in the kit you are looking at. And very happy with them. much better ride then the OME that they replaced.

Like the add says there tuned to work with each other. IMHO that kit well be the best bang for the buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom