Carrier bearing adjuster spanner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I'm probably going to feel dumb(er than usual) for asking this, but collecting parts and tools to do my diffs, I'm having trouble sourcing the correct spanner for my carrier bearing adjusters. I came across this on Yukon's site, which claims Land Cruiser, but on the compatibility list doesn't list Land Cruiser or 9.5" specifically. Is this not the one I want (there's also one with two pins directly across from each other), or is it? Just want to be sure before I spend my money so I don't have to worry about a potential return.

Last edited:
I made my own

Got details? I've got scrap and a welder so if it saves me a few bucks I'm open.
A piece of steel with two bolts welded to the end. It’s easy

This is a test. If you can't do this you don't need to be messing around in the guts of a diff.
Dang man I can't manage that!

I'm gonna do it anyway.....

Found this on mud. Looks like a simple home made setup without busting out the metal glue gun.
1617076909942.jpeg

Found this on mud. Looks like a simple home made setup without busting out the metal glue gun.
View attachment 2630495
That's actually pretty similar to what I had in mind, though I was thinking of welding a spare socket to it. I'm sure this would work too honestly. One of my scrap pieces and a couple extra bolts, no problem.

"Metal glue gun" lol I like that.

That's actually pretty similar to what I had in mind, though I was thinking of welding a spare socket to it. I'm sure this would work too honestly. One of my scrap pieces and a couple extra bolts, no problem.

"Metal glue gun" lol I like that.
Yeah it seem like if you have a thick enough piece of stock you can tap some holes. Throw a bolt in the middle and be able to use a socket and torque wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom